Serial monitor shows squares

hi,

I have an arduino nano that connected to sim800l. the problem is that when i try to print data coming from gsm the serial monitor shows squares but when I write to serial monitor it show what i am typing.

my baud rate both are 9600 and in the serial monitor is the same. The code was working good but now it is not.

here is the code I am using

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

//Create software serial object to communicate with SIM800L
SoftwareSerial mySerial(2, 3); //SIM800L Tx & Rx is connected to Arduino #3 & #2

void setup()
{
  //Begin serial communication with Arduino and Arduino IDE (Serial Monitor)
  Serial.begin(9600);

//Begin serial communication with Arduino and SIM800L
  mySerial.begin(9600);

Serial.println("Initializing...");
  delay(1000);

mySerial.println("AT"); //Once the handshake test is successful, it will back to OK
  updateSerial();
  mySerial.println("AT+CSQ"); //Signal quality test, value range is 0-31 , 31 is the best
  updateSerial();
  mySerial.println("AT+CCID"); //Read SIM information to confirm whether the SIM is plugged
  updateSerial();
  mySerial.println("AT+CREG?"); //Check whether it has registered in the network
  updateSerial();
}

void loop()
{
 updateSerial();
}

void updateSerial()
{
  delay(500);
  while (Serial.available()) 
  {
    mySerial.write(Serial.readString());//Forward what Serial received to Software Serial Port
  }
  while(mySerial.available()) 
  {
    Serial.write(mySerial.read());//Forward what Software Serial received to Serial Port
  }
}

I just copy it from https://lastminuteengineers.com/

take a look at HC-05 with firmware 2.0-20100601 | Martyn Currey which is similar to what you are doing except for the different baud rate

Try the following line:

Serial.print(mySerial.read());//Forward what Software Serial received to Serial Port

Or

Serial.write((char)mySerial.read());//Forward what Software Serial received to Serial Port

thanks for your reply,

the first line shows 255255255255255255255...

the second shows squares

The code was working good but now it is not.

What changed?