Just a quick note to let you know that there are a few updates on Arduino Create (http://create-staging.arduino.cc/) :)
You can always check the Bell icon in the upper right corner of create-staging.arduino.cc for more updates and notifications.
- Arduino Create Editor is now using the same command line tool for compiling Arduino sketches (https://github.com/arduino/arduino-builder) as the Arduino Desktop IDE
- Arduino and Genuino Zero (http://edit.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardZero) is now supported
- Serial Monitor is now faster on Windows, and has an improved performance on older PCs and on Firefox
- A few UI fixes (last line of code is not truncated anymore!)
We are really close to fully support HTTPS and the Arduino/Genuino 101 (http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoard101), we are going to post on this thread as soon as these new features will be available.
Thanks for all your feedback!! <3
Yesterday we deployed a new version of both the deamon and the server code. What you get now is full HTTPS support (both on server and agent) and many other improvements.
Arduino/Genuino 101 is now supported and we improved our way to deploy. It means we can release much faster and you will have an updated version more often.
we just deployed a new version of the web application.
We improved the libraries and examples search. Libraries and examples are now automatically filtered according to the current board selected. Searching in the examples sidebar now gives results also from the subfolders.
We also fixed many minor UI issues.
Upload via network on Yun is now available! Enjoy :)
You can now use Arduino Create Projects (https://create-staging.arduino.cc/projecthub)!
Let us know how do you like it :)
We migrated Arduino Project Hub from create-staging.arduino.cc/projecthub to create.arduino.cc/projecthub,
tomorrow we will also implement and automatic redirect.
The migration from create-staging.arduino.cc to create.arduino.cc (https://create.arduino.cc) is now complete! There is a redirect so everything should just work.
Today is Arduino Day (https://day.arduino.cc/#/)! We are releasing the platform (but the Editor) publicly. Please check out Project Hub (https://create.arduino.cc/projecthub) and the Arduino IoT manifesto (https://create.arduino.cc/iot/).
We are also releasing publicly the very early beta of Arduino Cloud (https://cloud.arduino.cc/cloud), to start tinkering with your MKR1000 (http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoMKR1000).
Hi Arduino Create users,
Yesterday we updated our plugin, please let us know if it was not automatically updated to the latest (1.0.25-092da5b) or if you encounter any problem.
Sorry for the temporarily unavailability of the Web Editor this morning. We took a little bit longer than expected but now everything is back online!
As reported in the email we sent you, here the main updates:
- Each sketch you create on the Arduino Web Editor will have a unique URL, this is the first step to allow you to share sketches and access them online as you would do in Google Docs
- We hugely improved the security of the Arduino Plugin, it can now only communicates with the Arduino Create page, no other site :)
- We finally implemented the tab scaling! You can now display sketches with a lot of tabs and be able to access them all
- A lot of small UX/UI improvements
- We are working really hard to support Safari, we are almost done so keep tight
Since the update on the Arduino Plugin was pretty big, if for any reason it is not working try to:
- Click on the Plugin tray icon, press Pause and then press Open again
- You can also relaunch the Plugin as you would do with any application on your PC
- Reinstall the Plugin from this link (http://create.arduino.cc/getting-started/plugin?page=2)
Before you do so please open a bug reporting what is going wrong, the Plugin version you should see by clicking on the tray icon is 1.0.29.
Thanks as always for all your feedback!
We now support Safari!!!!
Let us know if you encounter any bug on it by opening a thread.
Supporting IE is not as straight forward but we will definitely work on it.
More updates on our side!
We now support down to 700px, you can finally have something else on the side (in the meantime that we develop the split code screen).
We also fully support Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
You are awesome! My wish to edit on my iPad was granted within 3 days.
@mamu, there are still some bugs on iPad: you cannot close the Sketchbook panel for instance. If you find any please open a separate topic and list them all. Thanks!
@OOalis I will do. But to add my more advanced projects you will first have to fix the lib upload issue (like for u8glib)
@mamu, yes! It is on our radar, we will hopefully tackle it next week :)
We have some great news for Maker Faires San Mateo:
You can import your Sketchbook via a .zip file!
What's more, sharing a sketch is now as easy as sharing a link. (See here (https://create.arduino.cc/editor/Arduino_Genuino/5e3c5d5a-4e82-43a5-8bda-c87e8b4d2619/preview) for an example of how a public shared sketch looks like.)
@OOalis: am I the only one who is not seeing the link to the sample?
Sorry! Added now, to share a sketch click on the three dots by the Upload button and you will reach the Share modal (attached) :)
Also just uploaded to a Chinese CH340 MEGA so I guess you all been busy over there.
Well done to those involved
This is awesome
My first experience was disappointing as I could not manage to open a sketch I have on my PC .
It actually only imports the first tab but not all the other 20 tabs that where in the sketch.I gave up doing it manually.
@arduinomastercomau: interesting, because I imported my zip-file based sketch with 9 parts. One ino, 4 .h, and 4 .cpp files. Worked perfect.
@arduinomastercomau sorry to hear that! Could you please share your zip with us?
July 11 release:
Fixed Plugin discovery for slow connections
Fixed section bug when displaying all files and folders in Sketchbook panel
Fixed save bug with Autosave and Verify w/o saving option in Preferences
Fixed void metadata for examples
Fixed last sketch loading
Fixed download on blank tab on Getting Started flow on Safari
Various CSS fixes on Preview page
July 21 release:
Fixed show examples for just imported library
Fixed navigation for mobile landscape mode
Fixed autoscroll disabled behavior in Serial Monitor
Added 'copy link' and 'open preview' buttons to share popup
Added donate button for users with more than 3 sketches
Fixed homepage navigation link
Sketch now saved all together and fixed file rename bug
Search and filter libraries and examples refactoring
Support for Pro and Pro Mini
Updated tab style
10 August release:
The Arduino Web Editor is now available to anyone with an Arduino ID, no need for an invite anymore :)
August 24 release:
Fixed remote upload on Yun
Fixed issue on AVRdude and Windows PCs
Fixed plugin wrong paused behavior in OOBE on clean machine
Removed logged in check and tip bubble on Getting Started flow
Fixed fullscreen bug on side panels
Fixed wrong Serial Monitor message on board unplugged
Added 'What is Arduino Create' on create.arduino.cc that links to the blogpost (Create tile has also been added to arduino.cc)
Forum is now linking to the specific Create board
September 29 release:
A lot of changes under the hood, hopefully you won't notice anything strange:
- Changed the backend of the custom libraries and examples
- Changed the backend of the compilation of sketches
- New retired category for old libraries
A couple of things that you'll notice instead (and appreciate, hopefully)
- Import of multiple custom libraries at once
- A way to restore an example to its original state after modifications
- A lot of bugfixes about compilation (the Lilypad should work now)
October 20 release:
- Fixed download tool
- Fixed network upload
- Fixed SD library issue
- Fixed fastled library issue
- Fixed contextual menu issue on scroll
- Fixed tabs dropdown when huge number of files
- Implemented examples sharing
- Improved error reporting on compile
October 26 release:
- Microsoft Edge Support (still some issues on serial monitor rendering, so warning message will be displayed for Edge users)
- Added AWS logo (thanks AWS!)
- Fixed board flavour handling
- Fixed issue on import file size limit
- Fixed modals on tablet/mobile
- Fixed issue on toggle search on libraries panel
- Added news on notifications
I don't know if this is really a bug or if I misused the tool as I'm new to Arduino Web Editor, but here I go :
I uploaded a customized version of the IRremote library in which I added a personal remote type, then I included it in my sketch.
But on compilation the tool seems not to take into account my library and uses the one from the Hub ; my added functions are not recognized.
Is there a way to make the compiler prioritize personal libraries over those from the community ?
This topic seems to cover your issue.
You never know what you can find with a quick search.
is anything being done about the virus that norton is finding in the plugin?
I ran everything through a few online virus scanners and the found nothing as I found Avast was spending too much time in the sandbox although it came up clean every time
Probably a false positive from Norton (why do people still insist on Norton BLOATWARE ?
From a professional standpoint its been OFF my list of AV for a good few years along with Mcaffee
Your best bet is to whitelist it from inside Norton and then submit it to Norton themselves.
The reason some (certainly not all) AV balks at Create is simply due to the fact that you are coding in "C" online and AV looks for that type of behaviour where code changes from what it may have just looked at and passed as OK. (simply put)
The best way to get rid of slow downs in Create is to whitelist the whole Create process and directory along with its other areas.
If you wish to complain that the method is insecure you also have to remember you said OK to allowing the Certificate to be installed and said OK to firewall exception.
Most important was the Certificate which was installed partly for security purposes.
If you have any doubts about any of the files there are plenty of reputable places you can submit them online and get an instant answer as to its liability. (But dont bother using Norton as you know thats already a false positive) VirusTotal is one of the more trusted along with ESET , Kaspersky, Avira etc etc etc.
December 7 Release:
- You can now import the whole sketchbook (sketches + libraries). Here a tutorial (https://create.arduino.cc/projecthub/Arduino_Genuino/move-from-codebender-to-the-arduino-web-editor-fb2146?ref=platform&ref_id=424_trending___&offset=2) about how to migrate your sketchbook from Codebender.
- You can now select multiple sketches and delete, move or download them.
January 25 release:
- Sketches and User API refactored
- Implemented volume and sketches number limits
- Graphic fixes
- Shortcut fixes
- Fix fqbn handling
- Pragma message error workaround
- Arduino/Genuino boards on top of the list
- Updated notifcations
February 8 release:
- fixed export custom libraries
- open custom lib panel on import
- multiple file import in sketch
- fixed folder sketches counter
- fixed sketch not saved notification in Firefox and removed data not saved from getting started
- fixed move sketches issue (it was generating random duplicates)
- fixed default preferences issue
- fixed minor issue on shortcuts
- added barber shop for big files saving
- optimized /compile API call
- updated angulartics
- added store links for new boards
Release Feb 21:
Fixed check on upload file size
Fixed delete temporary sketch
Fixed delete custom library
Fixed shortcuts issues
Updated drone config
Implemented clickable urls in ace editor
Fixed focus and scroll after context menu action
Implemented use spaces for tab in sketches as in examples
Fixed images size in preview page
Improved copy from serial monitor
Fixed scrolling issue for tooltips in library manager popup
Fixed export sketch from preview page
Fixed graphic issues for Safari
Fixed search examples issue
- New version of the plugin (1.1.52) that will solve a problem with the 101 and some issues with the Serial Monitor on Windows. If any of you installed the development version of the plugin please redo the Getting Started flow (https://create.arduino.cc/getting-started/plugin) and reinstall it. The dev version will not auto update when a new plugin version will become available, so it is best to have the stable version installed.
- Fixed download examples
- Fixed default board selection
- Fixed empty readme on first sketch, causing saving error
- Fixed shortcuts' shortcut
Require agent update (fix for Due Programming post on Windows)
Fixed single sketch / folder in sketchbook delete
Save error temporary workaround
Tutorials on Help panel
When will ATtiny boards be supported in the web editor ?
Support for ATtiny is already in the wishlist, thanks for your feedback!
Today we finally released the support for Chrome OS devices, it is currently in private beta-testing, if you are interested please sign up at https://create.arduino.cc/chromeapp-waiting-list (https://create.arduino.cc/chromeapp-waiting-list).
Release Aug 22, version 1.0.4:
- secret tab feature (you can now set up strings that you don't want to share, like your wifi-password)
- added searchbar in boards modal
- fixed bug on save empty file
- fixed bug on paste from ctx menu
- fixed two issues on highlight row after compilation error
- fixed export issue experienced on arch linux
- fixed show error on save as name conflict
- introduced versioning (in your browser debug console write: ArduinoCreate.version)
- updated readme
- fixed css / texts for virtual tour
- fixed keep folders open after sketch/file actions
Release Sep 14, version 2.0.0:
- secret tab improvements: added collapsable instructions, removed sensitive data from download and code previewer for your own code, added secret tab on public code previewer, fixed autosave bug, download compatible version with Java IDE
- visual design improvements: fixed icons alignment on Safari, improvement of contrast and legibility on both light and dark theme, debug colors in output
- better compilation output for network upload
- fixed login flow from editor page
- examples in .pde now usable
Any plans to include ESP8266 devices?
Release Sep 26, version 2.1.0:
- fixed duplicated examples in examples list when changing route
- show port (usb/ip) in board selection
- import sketch with secrets values
- examples with secret tab
- fixed disappearing characters when typing secrets values
- added secret tab tutorial
Updates version 2.1.2:
- Save as examples when autosave is on
- Better transition form https to http on OOBE Plugin flow
- Terms & condition redirect when doing OOBE flow as logged out
- Chrome app for education support
- UI fixes and copy improvements
Updates version 2.2.0
- Secret tab refactoring
- Fix on iFrame embedded sketches
- Added copy about Administrator rights on the Agent OOBE
Updates version 3.0.0
- Support for Intel®-based platforms running Linux, such as Up2, Intel® NUC, Dell Wyse®, Gigabyte™ GB-BXT, for more infos see the blogpost (https://blog.arduino.cc/2017/11/03/linux-support-comes-to-arduino-create/)
Updates version 3.2.6:
- fixed import feedback for single .ino files and small folders
- added better copy to Import modal
- fixed focus on import (e.g. if you import a Library from the Sketchbook panel we change the focus to the Library panel)
- added filter empty file create on Mac OSX called Icon
- fixed issue on renaming folders and autosave
Version 4.2.0 and previous:
- Updated help->info tab with Os, browser and boards supported
- Libraries manager paginated
- Improved plugin interaction (you don't need certificates installation anymore if you use Firefox or Chrome)
Plugin updated to 1.1.71
Versions 4.2.1 - 4.2.3:
- Improved error monitoring
- fixed agent autoupdate issues
- fixed broken image for getting started in Safari
- added autoindent
- keep file session (scroll position, selection, undo/redo history) on file switch or browser refresh
Versions 5.4.2 - 5.5.3
- added FAQ link in help sidebar
- new agent client version
- improved custom libraries actions
- added optional secret values
Versions 5.6.0 - 5.7.0
- Maker plan now available with unlocked new features and increased limits, such as third party boards support and library editing!
Check out the Digital Store (https://store.arduino.cc/digital/create#plans) for the full list
- Replaced sketches APIs with new APIs version
- New APIs for move, rename, duplicate
- Search as you type in sketchbook panel
- Improved sketch.json file export (sketch metadata), now only useful data in it.
- added progress bar on export
- download now available for folders and single files too
- lighter autosave
- lib include button removed for libs with no include code defined
- fixed bulk actions UI bugs
- bulk actions now available for folders and single files too (you can select the full sketchbook with bulk selection now)
- added thing id in sketch info modal for IoT Cloud sketches
- Implemented sync issues handling (sketch or file changed in other tab/session), now you get error message and you can refresh data
- Fixed multiple issues on files/sketches actions:
- duplicate folder
- move or create sketch in subfolder and other subfolders bugs
- now you can create empty folders and keep them empty
You could find some of your sketches in a directory named "__root", just move them outside it, if you want it to disappear.
You could also find some empty folders in your sketchbook generated by bugs in the previous version, just remove them if you don't need them.
Versions 6.0.1 - 6.0.6
- Fixed serial monitor issues See forum topic (https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=655544.0)
- Fixed move sketches from folder issues
- Improved delete sketch
- Fixed some js exceptions
- Fixed load of examples with .pde files
- Improved errors log collection
- Fixed bugs on secrets variables save
- Fixed double scrollbar in move targets popup
- Use "search as you type" in libraries sidebar, examples sidebar and library manager popup
- Updated store links for library supported boards list