I've recently pulled out my Arduino Uno after it has been sitting for like a year. I plugged it in to my computer and I tried to upload a simple blinking code to it but it wont upload after about 15 minutes of waiting. The computer recognizes the Uno and is connected to it (https://imgur.com/a/phWtXV5). I have also tried a different cable with no luck
If anyone has an idea as to why this is happening a reply would be greatly appreciated!
Please do this:
- (In the Arduino IDE) File > Preferences
- Uncheck the checkbox next to "Show verbose output during: compilation"
- Check the checkbox next to "Show verbose output during: upload
- Click "OK"
- Sketch > Upload
- After the upload fails, you'll see a button on the right side of the orange bar "Copy error messages" (or the icon that looks like two pieces of paper at the top right corner of the black console window in the Arduino Web Editor). Click that button.
- In a forum reply here, click on the reply field.
- Click the </> button on the forum toolbar. This will add the forum's code tags markup to your reply.
- Press "Ctrl + V". This will paste (https://lifehacker.com/how-to-copy-cut-and-paste-for-beginners-5801525) the upload output between the code tags.
- Move the cursor outside of the code tags before you add any additional text to your reply.