Since there are always more boards and on each start we have to change the board type again and again, I wrote a simple Sketch starter for Windows 10 (.net core 3.0):
- It lists your recent sketches and from the sketch folder
- once you open your sketch, you can edit the settings on your IDE and after you close it, you will see the new settings in the application
- then, you can just press "SAVE preferences" to save the board-settings inside your project folder (.preferences.txt will generated with just the main preferences)
- from now, you can start your sketch with your preferences
Important: the application will merge your settings with the current one on each start. So the preference file will not be saved once you leave your IDE.
In future this option is available in the Arduino Pro IDE I think, but at the moment, this is one of the best way to start the Arduino IDE with your custom board.
I can't detect the Arduino installation folder. Please press the button on the bottom to set the path to your Arduino.exe. Without it, the application can't start the IDE.
Edit (13.january.2020): replaced the zip with a new one, since some file was missing.
It is now on GitHub.
1. I know, it is still not well coded... I will update it if someone want a nice coded project :P
2. It is wrote as .net core 3, so it should be easy to compile it for Linux and MacOS, but the project was made for Windows 10 - 64 bit.
Check the repository here:
Or download a working exe from here:
What's new in this version (1.1):
- You can now set your custom preferences inside your sketch.