Go Down

Topic: Adafruit Power Relay Module Alternative (Read 216 times) previous topic - next topic

embie27

I found the following relay module from Adafruit on Google: https://www.adafruit.com/product/2935
But because I live in Germany I'd like to have a similar module which is from Europe, preferably with a German plug.

Does anyone know a similar product?

Thank you for your help.

TomGeorge

Hi,
Have you emailed Adafruit about the plug, it is a lead with IEC plug for the power unit, the mains should be supplied with your countries plug.

Tom..... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

rpt007

Oct 20, 2018, 09:55 am Last Edit: Oct 20, 2018, 10:08 am by rpt007 Reason: youtube link added
it is a lead with IEC plug for the power unit, the mains should be supplied with your countries plug.
Correct, but the female connectors on the power unit are not EU or German style. This is the problem to be addressed.
Following a picture of a Schuko connector which comes with ground connectors. For non-grounded devices the socket is a bit smaller.

@embie27:
I found a youtube video with a DIY solution (maybe a DIY kit) which comes with non-grounded sockets which seem to fit for German plugs. But: You are dealing with mains !!! So make sure that you know what you do or ask somebody with the right experience/education to help you make this thing safe.
Before you ask:
Did you really read and understand How to use this forum ?
AND:
Do you have already some solution or is a part of the problem sitting in front of the screen?  :)

Go Up