Interest in 1284P boards?

I've had enough inquires that I've finally put together a Mouser/Dipmicro price for 25 of my 1284/FTDI kits.
These would be unassembled kits with the board and all components less the onboard USB/Serial adapter (Mikroe-483) or a 7.5V/9V/12V wallwart.
Pretty much as pictured here, with male pins for the top left 2x3 header (I2C/A4-A5 select), generally smaller Rs & Cs, 4 different color 3mm LEDs (Power, L, Rx, Tx) and 4 female jumpers (shorter than pictured), for the power select, reset enable, and I2C connections to A4/A5 if desired.

Board + components + flat rate mailing to US addresses: $27. International, I have to get a quote from the USPS, probably another $5 more. They've been fiddling with prices recently, might be a little less.

Mikroe-483 with 15-pin socket could be added for $11
7.5V or 9V or 12V wallwart could be added for $4
Spare Atmega1284P-PUs, $5.75 each.
Assembly of the board could be added for, I don't know, have to see long it takes me to assemble one.

If interested, PM me, or ask questions here. Payment will be via paypal.
Schematic, link to mighty1284 core files, and updated pins_arduino.h for Bobuino board type are here.
http://www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17/

1284-FTDI thruhole PL.pdf (188 KB)

Well I've already bought 2 of your blank PCB for this board and have one populated and working well. However to encourage the use of this great board I would like to buy one kit version. Let me know when they are available to ship and what your paypal ID is.

Thanks
Lefty

Thanks Lefty. Paypal will be to cardinalflyer @ comcast dot net.
Let's see what interest is like, or if this whole idea falls apart and I go back to just offering bare boards.

When I was looking for a more stable 1284P prototyping platform, there were only two that sparked my interest:

1. The Atmel MEGA-1284P Xplained http://store.atmel.com/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:10500272#tc:description
  2. and your board.

Didn't go with the XPLD because of the fluff.

I really like your setup, but I use JTAG for debugging and programming.

There are a few more options out there but all in all, for the 1284, choices are pretty limited.

I ended up making my own (I was tired of wires and thru hole components going everywhere). Have all the parts, the PCBs will arrive in 3 days. Here is a rendered pic if curious. I don't have a cool name (or any) for it.

If you make a through hole version in the future with JTAG broken out, I will definitely be interested in purchasing one or two. I like the idea of being able to swap out the chip if needed.

Dave

OK, CR, count me in for two.
(Do you need a PM?)

interesting layout drobe011. You're a little more hard core on tools than most with the JTAG investment.

Runaway Pancake, just interest & qty is good for now. That's at least 4.

@CrossRoads add me in for two as well.

Okay, that's 6. 4 or 5 more and I'll place the order and take a chance on the balance.

Count me in for 2 unassembled kits (no wall wart) plus 2 spare controller chips. Canada.

Thanks!

CrossRoads:
Thanks Lefty. Paypal will be to cardinalflyer @ comcast dot net.
Let's see what interest is like, or if this whole idea falls apart and I go back to just offering bare boards.

So should I place an order at this time?

Lefty

I'm in for one board and one Mikroe-483.

9 + 1 controller. I have a fencing meeting in an hour, if the wife doesn't make me too busy I'll order parts when I get back.

I suggest moving this thread to Products & Services and waiting a few more days. I suspect you'll pick up a few more.

I will be ordering some extra 1284's also for those that want a 2nd or 3rd microcontroller, $5.75 each.
Added to the list of costs in the original post.

note to all:

I built out one of these a week ago, the board is very good quality. I'm using mine with a lab supply and did not build out the power supply. Build time about 60 minutes if you pull all the parts ahead of time and have a proper heat, small tip soldering iron.

I'm using Sparkfun's FTDI module, auto-reset works correctly. A knock-off Hong Kong version also worked, but the Sparkfun is dual-voltage via jumper clip, nicer.

You will not be disappointed.

Ray

Ok folks, please send your order requests with payment via paypal to cardinalflyer @ comcast dot net.
Be specific on what you want:

of kits

of extra 1284's if desired

wallwart voltage if desired
MIKROE-483 if desired

I got home later than planned after a contentious meeting, so the ordering will happen tonight.
I still plan to order for 25 kits, but will not be ordering wallwarts & MIKROE-483s unless they are asked for.

[EDIT] I'll hold off on ordering until Wednesday night (east coast US time) to allow a little time for folks to respond, I have no particular reason to rush.

LarryD:
Count me in for 2 unassembled kits (no wall wart) plus 2 spare controller chips. Canada.

Thanks!

If it is not too late change this to 2 unassembled kits (no wall wart) plus 5 spare controller chips

Can do. $27 + (5 x $5.75) = $55.75.

CrossRoads:
Can do. $27 + (5 x $5.75) = $55.75.

$27 X 2 + (5 X $5.75) + $5(Canada) + $2(1 beer for you) = $89.75 US dollars, Correct?
LarryD

Yes, thanks for the correction. For multiple kits, its $27 for 1st and $22 for additional, I can stuff multiple kits into 1 box. So $84.75 with the beer tip 8)