Go Down

Topic: Devices which are needed to connect arduino to android smartphone via bluetooth (Read 771 times) previous topic - next topic

crkzz

basically i don't know anything about arduino devices. im doing a final year project in my university which needs to,

get vibration signals (to identify a physical impact) using an arduino processor and to pass the signals to my android smartphone via bluetooth.

Please be kind enough to share your knowledge about this scenario and guide me through the arduino products which i need to buy for this project. (i searched online and some articles say, arduino bluetooth cannot be used to transfer data between android. plus there were so many arduino devices and i cant identify the devices which i need for my requirements.)

please be kind enough to guide me. Thanks in advance! cheers

http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Knock#.UwnGx_mSzlZ (vibration sensor which i found)

retronet_RIMBA1ZO

...searched online and some articles say, arduino bluetooth cannot be used to transfer data between android.

don't know what they are referring to but i'm sure it's possible to relay the knock sensor readings to your Android phone.
what you'd need, and connected as follows :
knock-sensor  -->  Arduino --> (Serial communication (via Arduino software))  -->   Bluetooth shield or module  --> Android App (any basic "Bluetooth Terminal" will suffice)

the basic premise is the Arduino reports the sensor to Serial output - you can test this on the Serial Monitor (in the Arduino IDE) and then simply connect the BT shield/module and the same code is used.
to receive it at the Android side - you use the Bluetooth Terminal to display what would otherwise be displayed on the Serial Monitor (on the PC).
if you have Andoid progamming experience you could make a user interface to display the data if simple text output (which would be defined from the Arduino side) is not acceptable.

Go Up