Go Down

Topic: LED DOT MATRIX 64x16 (Read 59247 times) previous topic - next topic

AkisKoza

Hi mocart! Sorry, after all this time, have you solved your problem?
I have the same problem.

any ideas?

gunaone

is there someone who has succeeded in performing the split function........

Dancopy

Greetings everyone!
I have an arduino sketch: "64x32 LED display matrix test code" which is possibly from Phil Kaziewicz (at least it's in the code header) and is calling a library (#include "sriftas.h";) but I do not I can find nowhere; could someone or the author himself share the link from that library? I would be very grateful
The sketch link is this: https://pastebin.com/MjPD047h

Combed

Greetings everyone!
I have an arduino sketch: "64x32 LED display matrix test code" which is possibly from Phil Kaziewicz (at least it's in the code header) and is calling a library (#include "sriftas.h";) but I do not I can find nowhere; could someone or the author himself share the link from that library? I would be very grateful
The sketch link is this: https://pastebin.com/MjPD047h
just delete #include "sriftas.h" and add font data (font8x16_basic[] & font8x16_basic[]) to the sketch, done compiliing and work as well for me. thanks for all

Combed

so ive made a void to draw some words easily,

just call it by

Code: [Select]

drawText(0, 8, "test");

void drawText (int x, int y, const String text)
{
  int start;
  int len = text.length();
  char buf[len + 1];
  text.toCharArray(buf, len + 1);
  while (len > 0) {
    drawChar(x, y, buf[start], 2, false);
    start ++;
    x += 8;
    if (start >= len)
    {
      x = 0;
      break;
    }
  }
}

PaulRB

ive made a void
Good work, but its not called a "void". Its called a function. The function's return type is void (meaning it has no return value).

Dancopy

just delete #include "sriftas.h" and add font data (font8x16_basic[] & font8x16_basic[]) to the sketch, done compiliing and work as well for me. thanks for all
Hi Combed! Thanks for the answer. I have no idea where to add the lines you said; could you please send me the sketch link you have (with those lines added)? Thank you very much!

Dancopy

Jan 04, 2019, 09:04 pm Last Edit: Jan 04, 2019, 09:18 pm by Dancopy
I again Combed!
I did the procedure you told me (I think I did right) but it is showing the following error:

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Card: "Arduino / Genuine One"

50: 53: fatal error: twi.h: No such file or directory C: \ Users \ Daniel \ Documents \ Arduino \ libraries \ Wire \ Wire.cpp

#include "twi.h" // i2c software bit-bang emulation
                                                      ^
compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Compiling Error for Arduino / Genuine One Card

I think it's in relation to the Wire library but, I've used others as well.

And replacing the Wire library with another, (from PaulStoffregen) shows this:

Compilation options changed, recompiling all
D: \ Arduino \ LEDs Matrix 16x64 \ 16x64_Led_Matrix_Clock_DS1307 (Jan.2019) \ 16x64_Led_Matrix_Clock_DS1307_without_sriftas \ 16x64_Led_Matrix_Clock_DS1307_without_sriftas.ino: In function 'void drawDigital (uint16_t, uint16_t, uint8_t)':

16x64_Led_Matrix_Clock_DS1307_without_sriftas: 365: Error: 'digitals' was not declared in this scope

const uint8_t * pSrc = digitals + n * 16;
                            ^
exit status 1
'digitals' was not declared in this scope

Hugs from Daniel Fernandes

Combed

Good work, but its not called a "void". Its called a function. The function's return type is void (meaning it has no return value).
that what i mean :), iam beginner for this, I'ill improve my word in the next post thanks for the correction

Combed

Hi Combed! Thanks for the answer. I have no idea where to add the lines you said; could you please send me the sketch link you have (with those lines added)? Thank you very much!
you're welcome, just download and tell me if it works

I again Combed!
I did the procedure you told me (I think I did right) but it is showing the following error:

50: 53: fatal error: twi.h: No such file or directory C: \ Users \ Daniel \ Documents \ Arduino \ libraries \ Wire \ Wire.cpp

#include "twi.h" // i2c software bit-bang emulation
                                                      ^
compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Compiling Error for Arduino / Genuine One Card

I think it's in relation to the Wire library but, I've used others as well.

And replacing the Wire library with another, (from PaulStoffregen) shows this:

Compilation options changed, recompiling all
D: \ Arduino \ LEDs Matrix 16x64 \ 16x64_Led_Matrix_Clock_DS1307 (Jan.2019) \ 16x64_Led_Matrix_Clock_DS1307_without_sriftas \ 16x64_Led_Matrix_Clock_DS1307_without_sriftas.ino: In function 'void drawDigital (uint16_t, uint16_t, uint8_t)':

16x64_Led_Matrix_Clock_DS1307_without_sriftas: 365: Error: 'digitals' was not declared in this scope

const uint8_t * pSrc = digitals + n * 16;
                            ^
exit status 1
'digitals' was not declared in this scope

Hugs from Daniel Fernandes
i dont know what is your problem exactly, i think you should re install your arduino, or do you use portable arduino ide?

Dancopy

Hi Combed! Thanks for sending me your sketch; very cool, worked but for me, with some very noticeable Flicker.
Another friendly thing: It's difficult (for me it is) to add the colon between the hours and the minutes and between the minutes and the seconds, as here: http://www.stm32duino.com/viewtopic.php?t=542
Thanks again

Combed

Hi Combed! Thanks for sending me your sketch; very cool, worked but for me, with some very noticeable Flicker.
Another friendly thing: It's difficult (for me it is) to add the colon between the hours and the minutes and between the minutes and the seconds, as here: http://www.stm32duino.com/viewtopic.php?t=542
Thanks again
can you give me some picture how flicker looks like, maybe i can help you. i think the problem is the value "prescaler" that you use.
have you connected EN pin form panel to pin 2 arduino ?

this is my code to show digital clock, hours minutes seconds included. you can use it for your reference.

Dancopy

Excellent Combed!!! Your 'drawText' sketch now works perfectly for me with the pins:

// Connections to board
const byte latchPin = 8;
const byte clockPin = 12;
const byte data_R1 = 10; // I changed from 11 to 10
const byte data_R2 = 11; // I changed from 10 to 11
const byte en_74138 = 2;
const byte la_74138 = 3;
const byte lb_74138 = 4;
const byte lc_74138 = 5;
const byte ld_74138 = 6;

Thank you very much ++

Dancopy

I'll try the 128x16 code in the weekend.
I suspect that one will give me less of an headache when it's just made for a "longer display".

Thanks a bunch for the tip on where in the code I can get it to scroll all the rows.
That vital info will help me a lot, so now I could probably use the 64x32 code as well. :)

Will try to fiddle with the delay(15) and see if it solves the scrolling issue I am plagued with.
On the left side when the letters scroll out everything looks right.
So a "E" for instance will on the left go from an E to three lines, then three dots and then it's gone.
On the right side it just appears as an complete E two columns from the end and starts scrolling to the left. :/
The last two columns never see any action on my display when scrolling text.  :~

But I'll see what I can figure out during the weekend. :)

As for the adressing on the red and green, it seems that it just sets either red or green pin high but the rest seems the same.
This is a code part from another sketch I found that has the green/red/orange working but no fancy scrolling and such.
Just shows clock in green and Hello in red.
  {
                  digitalWrite(greenPin,HIGH);
                  digitalWrite(oePin, HIGH);
                  digitalWrite(aPin,row & B0001 );
                  digitalWrite(bPin,row & B0010 );
                  digitalWrite(cPin,row & B0100 );
                  digitalWrite(dPin,row & B1000 );
                  digitalWrite(strPin, LOW);
                  shiftOut(redPin, sckPin, MSBFIRST, pbuffer_r[0][row]);
                  shiftOut(redPin, sckPin, MSBFIRST, pbuffer_r[1][row]);
                  shiftOut(redPin, sckPin, MSBFIRST, pbuffer_r[2][row]);
                  shiftOut(redPin, sckPin, MSBFIRST, pbuffer_r[3][row]);
                  digitalWrite(strPin, HIGH); 
                  digitalWrite(oePin, LOW);
                  delayMicroseconds(draw_delay);  // delay for seeing red
                  digitalWrite(redPin,HIGH);
                  digitalWrite(oePin, HIGH);
                  digitalWrite(strPin, LOW);
                  shiftOut(greenPin, sckPin, MSBFIRST, pbuffer_g[0][row]);
                  shiftOut(greenPin, sckPin, MSBFIRST, pbuffer_g[1][row]);
                  shiftOut(greenPin, sckPin, MSBFIRST, pbuffer_g[2][row]);
                  shiftOut(greenPin, sckPin, MSBFIRST, pbuffer_g[3][row]);
                  digitalWrite(strPin, HIGH); 
                  digitalWrite(oePin, LOW);
                  delayMicroseconds(draw_delay);  // delay for seeing green
  }

Hi BlackMajj
Do you have the complete sketch for this Dot MATRIX 64x32 Bicolor LED? If so, could you put it here?
Thank you

MASUMcma

Dear members,
May I display more than 8 independent character in 64x16 dot matrix statically, not animated ?

Go Up