Go Down

Topic: Define these words please (Read 6244 times) previous topic - next topic

yowazgoodtho

*** Note: all of these are in context to arduino***
-VDC FD (in context to an LED light, VDC possibly means voltage direct current) :
-sync error:
-Benign:
-Configuration:
-Initially:
-/*...*/:
-void setup() {}
-void loop() {}

please and thank you

Coding Badly

Are you asking us to help you cheat on a test?

Robin2

I hadn't thought of that ... so I will wait for the OP's reply.

I think I might fail ...

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

yowazgoodtho

coding badly no this is just a small assignement

Coding Badly

Are you asking us to help you cheat on a test school assignment?

PeterH

Maybe we ought to have a new forum section "Please help me with my school work".

Jantje

-VDC FD (in context to an LED light, VDC possibly means voltage direct current) :
   voltage direct current federal dignity
-sync error:
  what happens if to much dirt goes into the sink
-Benign:
wrong written begin
-Configuration:
  A figure that goes to a conference
-Initially:
  a ni italian
-/*...*/:
  a regular expression to identify comments
-void setup() {}
  unnecessary setup that will probably be inlined by the gcc compiler.
-void loop() {}
  unnecessary loop that will probably be inlined by the gcc compiler.
Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

yowazgoodtho

so i don't see what is wrong i am trying to know the program vocabulary. 

graynomad

-Benign:
-Configuration:
-Initially:

AFAIK these three either mean nothing or need more context, either way there's no way to answer them as is.

If this is an assignment it's pretty dubious, I've been working in IT/embedded systems for 30+ years and I've never heard the word "Benign" used in relation to an embedded system, or anywhere else come to think of it short of an oncology ward.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Grumpy_Mike

so i don't see what is wrong i am trying to know the program vocabulary. 

Your teacher wants you to find out the words by studying the arduino, not by just asking some one. If you are told you forget, if you discover for yourself not only do you remember but you understand.

Paul__B

-Benign:
wrongly written begin

Jokes aside, that is most likely correct.

Boardburner2

Mar 08, 2014, 01:57 pm Last Edit: Mar 08, 2014, 02:01 pm by Boardburner2 Reason: 1

-Benign:
-Configuration:
-Initially:

AFAIK these three either mean nothing or need more context, either way there's no way to answer them as is.

If this is an assignment it's pretty dubious, I've been working in IT/embedded systems for 30+ years and I've never heard the word "Benign" used in relation to an embedded system, or anywhere else come to think of it short of an oncology ward.

______
Rob

I had a feeling there was something not quite right about these qquestions.
I wondered if th op had re worded.it .

Its a fiarly well known trick to set a question that has no fixed answer to prevent plagiarism etc.
Its designed to test understanding.

yowazgoodtho

thanks for the effort though. i got most of them down by myself but some of the words did not make sense to me on how they would relate to arduino in the same context. I dont even know what the prompts are either. i am assuming /* is an annotation because in python we use #.

yowazgoodtho

Oh by the way my teacher is allowing us to use online research such as wikipedia to define these words or commands. so i thought the best way is to ask arduino programmers because i haven't found anything online.

graynomad

/* */
Has nothing to do with Arduino as such, it's the standard C comment block, it means the same on every C compiler in the world including the one used by Arduino.

sync error: I think that's what you get when the upload process (using avrdude) is not happy with the target board.

loop() and setup() you should be able to find on the reference pages (not that I've ever looked for them).

VCD: no idea.

The others either don't make sense or require more information as I said before.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Go Up