Go Down

Topic: Complete weather station (Read 2617 times) previous topic - next topic

virusdunil

Greetings from Quebec Canada.

i own a waether station but now its getting old and falling apart hehehe

Its time,i think to make my own and saw a lot of interesting things from arduino.Heres a list of what id like on my station.

Wind speed and Direction
out temperature and humidity
in temperature and humidity
UV sensor
cloud  sensor (light senor)
Baro sensor
rain sensor
aux. temperature sensor

large lcd display

reliable wifi AND that transmits data often to pc. as often as 0-10 secs at least for wind speed and direction.

And most important, so that Weather Display (software) can read the datas.

I saw a basic kit  but ill need help on all the hardware /sensors to buy...

Ill also need help on the station programming...i think its gonna be a fun/interesting project instead of buying a ready to go weather station.

My first idea was to buy this one...http://bourneelectronics.com/Deluxe-USB-Wireless-Home-Weather-Station-UV-meter-Lux-Meter-P2215717.aspx

cheers 8)

heres my website...http://meteojonquiere.livehost.fr/images/hebertville/Hebertville.htm

jremington

There are many people working on similar projects. Google "open source weather station" for some ideas, but here is one: https://code.google.com/p/openws/wiki/Home

Also, the transmissions of many of the 433 MHz remote weather sensors have been decoded, and can be read by a cheap 433 MHz receiver and an Arduino. There are several examples on this forum.

dave-in-nj

may I suggest a tipping bucket rain gauge ?  it would offer inches per hour of rain.

WendoNZ

It doesn't have all the sensors you want, but it'll likely give you a decent place to start

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/weather-station-wirelessly-connected-to-wunderground

I've done something similar recently that had temp, humidity, rain, wind direction and speed and barometric pressure on the outdoor unit with a small 1000mah lipo and a solar panel.

The most expensive single part was actually the solar radiation shield to house everything except wind and rain sensors. I'm using an nRF24L01+ radio to transmit to an indoor station. The whole outdoor side is based around a 3.3v Pro Mini. You'll need something that doesn't have USB circuitry if you want it to run via solar, and 3.3v is even better.

My indoor unit is based around a netduino since it has built in network and I didn't want a PC involved, but did want to be able to upload to Weather Underground.

Worth noting is a LOT of systems use those sensors, the wind direction only reports 8 positions and needs to have a good clear area around it to give good readings

dannable

Worth noting is a LOT of systems use those sensors, the wind direction only reports 8 positions and needs to have a good clear area around it to give good readings

The wind direction indicator shown in the link you give should report 16 positions. It will close two reed switches at one time when it is inbetween them.
Beginners guide to using the Seeedstudio SIM900 GPRS/GSM Shield

WendoNZ

Yup, it should. And even the specs say that, however it doesn't, at least the one I have doesn't and several other people I've talked to with them report the same thing, that's why I mentioned it. It still works pretty well, it just doesn't give 16 positions

Werk_AG

Ill also need help on the station programming...i think its gonna be a fun/interesting project instead of buying a ready to go weather station.

Take a look at WeatherDuino Pro2 project, here: http://www.meteocercal.info/forum/Thread-What-is-the-WeatherDuino-Pro2

It may be what you want!

abdulrafay80

We build a Wireless Weather Station using the fast and powerful 32bit Arduino Due board. We measure the temperature and the humidity with a couple of DHT22 sensors and we communicate with the remote sensor using the 2.4GHz NRF24L01+ module. Let's see how to build this project!

Today's project is this. A Wireless Weather Station with a big 3.2" Color TFT display. As you can see, the project is up and running, and it displays the current date and time, the indoor temperature and humidity, and the outdoor temperature and humidity. The readings of the outdoor sensor are updated every second in order to demonstrate that we have a reliable communication link established with the transmitter which is outside at a distance of 5m. The readings of the indoor sensor are updated once every minute. The heart of the project is the fast Arduino Due, and as you can see there is no flickering of the screen when the values are updated. Let's now see the transmitter.

The transmitter is much simpler. It consists of an Arduino Nano, a DHT22 sensor and the NRF24L01 wireless transceiver module. The transmitter reads the temperature and the humidity every second, and sends them to the receiver via the NRF24L01 module. This is a one way communication link, we don't know if the receiver actually receives the data, but we send new data every second, so in case we miss a package we are going to receive another one soon. Let's now see how to build this project.

neiklot

Let's now see how to build this project.
Ok... well show us. But a better sub-forum might be the Exhibition one.

Geek Emeritus

Apr 18, 2019, 03:08 pm Last Edit: Apr 18, 2019, 03:10 pm by Geek Emeritus
All PMs will be deleted unopened due to arrogant argumentative pot stirring Malfoys.
 If you have not read "How to use this forum - please read", in particular: "7. If you are posting code or error messages, use "code" tags":  expect rude responses

Go Up