Go Down

Topic: Telepresence robot (Read 555 times) previous topic - next topic

steliosmrtzs

Hi,

I would like to build a telepresence robot. I have an arduino mega and I will buy an arduino WiFi shield to connect the robot, which will have a tablet on its top and it will be the "brain" of the robot, wirelessly. Do you know how the WiFi shield works? Is something that I have to focus on? Do you know if it will be easy project or any other ways that it will be possible to achieve it?

Thank you.

zoomkat

I would like to build a telepresence robot. I have an arduino mega and I will buy an arduino WiFi shield to connect the robot, which will have a tablet on its top and it will be the "brain" of the robot, wirelessly. Do you know how the WiFi shield works? Is something that I have to focus on? Do you know if it will be easy project or any other ways that it will be possible to achieve it?
The arduino wifi shields are sketchy at best. Probably much simpler to get an inexpensive multiport wireless router and use it as the wireless communications interface. You can plug an arduino with ethernet shield into the router. If the tablet is ethernet enabled it can plug in also.

Google forum search: Use Google Search box in upper right side of this page.
Why I like my 2005 Rio Yellow Honda S2000  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWjMvrkUqX0

Go Up