Go Down

Topic: Servo Motor doesn't move although 5V (Read 5175 times) previous topic - next topic

OldSteve

Well, I formed it to parrallel antennas, but the range came down to 5 metres... So 1 antenna works for me best i think. damn :/
Do you mean that you made the arms of each antenna parallel to one another? They need to be stretched out opposite to each other, in a straight line.
Then, jremington meant that the receiver antenna must be positioned parallel to the transmitter antenna.
You might have done this, but I thought I'd better clarify....
Please do not PM me for help. I am not a personal consultant.
And others will benefit as well if you post your question publicly on the forums.

OldSteve

Please do not PM me for help. I am not a personal consultant.
And others will benefit as well if you post your question publicly on the forums.

Rachmaninow

Do you mean that you made the arms of each antenna parallel to one another? They need to be stretched out opposite to each other, in a straight line.
Then, jremington meant that the receiver antenna must be positioned parallel to the transmitter antenna.
You might have done this, but I thought I'd better clarify....
yea i did exactly that, with poor results. I think there is no way to get a better range..

jremington

Nov 23, 2015, 04:55 pm Last Edit: Nov 23, 2015, 05:03 pm by jremington
I think there is no way to get a better range..
With that attitude, perhaps you should just give up.

MarkT

Yes there is a very good way to get better range, but unfortunately it needs right test-equipment.

The cheaper way is a basic knowledge of antenna theory and some experimentation.   Do you have a picture
of the current setup?  The things that will affect performance are mainly nearby metal objects especially any
that about 1/2 wavelength across as they may resonate at the frequency of interest.  In particular the ends of
the antenna need to be poked out into free space, not next to any other conductor, or the whole antenna will
be de-tuned.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Rachmaninow

Well this is my actual Setup. Just a 17,3 straight wire (cu). I brazed the second antenna out, because it didn't increse the range.

Go Up