Go Down

Topic: FYI Managing you Project's Wiring (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

larryd

Feb 23, 2016, 06:32 pm Last Edit: Feb 23, 2016, 06:41 pm by LarryD
I thought some might be interested in the attached PDF discussing wiring harness management.
No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

xl97

nice!

+1 karma

I am slowing coming to a point where this is a focus for me/my projects..

making custom pcb's.. and writing custom code is a good start... but when you present something with a rats nest or spaghetti wires....  it really looks like 'kaka'  (amateur)

I have found the ebay sellers wont commit to a specific color.. (its a random color that comes) which stinks.. since the prices are 'decent'.

CrossRoads

You have more patience than I. That does make for a nice neat finish.

I've been using this terminated ribbon cable from www.dipmicro.com
http://www.dipmicro.com/store/index.php?searchStr=ribbon+cable&act=viewCat&Submit=Search

Or terminated wires from www.pololu.com and adding some tie wraps around the bundle in a few places.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Edgar1

I thought some might be interested in the attached PDF discussing wiring harness management.

The funny thing is I looked today at an old Enermax PC Power supply which I use for charging batteries. It uses exactly "your" nylon and heat shrink solution.
That power supply was all the time in plain sight on my work bench. I just never looked at the cabling...

Go Up