Go Down

Topic: How to Send Temperature on RS485 with modbus protocol..as slave. (Read 697 times) previous topic - next topic

data9091

Hello,

I am practising coding arduino. I have a project to send Temperature to the device which reads modbus with RS485 network. Here there are many modbus libraries. but i can,t send temperature because of complexity. I have following devices with me......
1. Arduino Nano.
2. DS3231 temperature sensor.
3. MAX485 module
modbus device require the following parameters to read the arduino slave,

1. baud rate
2. ID
3. bitrate
4. parity
5. stopbit etc.....
 and to read the temperature it require address of the data(temperature), and data type i.e. int8, int16, unit8, uint16, unit32, real data.... something like that. I am not conversant with all these parameters.
anyone plz do some code for this job.

chucktodd

Hello,

I am practising coding arduino. I have a project to send Temperature to the device which reads modbus with RS485 network. Here there are many modbus libraries. but i can,t send temperature because of complexity. I have following devices with me......
1. Arduino Nano.
2. DS3231 temperature sensor.
3. MAX485 module
modbus device require the following parameters to read the arduino slave,

1. baud rate
2. ID
3. bitrate
4. parity
5. stopbit etc.....
 and to read the temperature it require address of the data(temperature), and data type i.e. int8, int16, unit8, uint16, unit32, real data.... something like that. I am not conversant with all these parameters.
anyone plz do some code for this job.

Why would any of us want to do this for you?

You said you are practicing coding, but ask other to do it for you.

Is sounds like you have homework due on Monday.

Chuck.
Currently built mega http server, Now converting it to ESP32.

Go Up