Go Down

Topic: How to copy a program from Arduino to PC (Read 6558 times) previous topic - next topic

dankeister22

Hello, I recently purchased an Arduino robotics kit. The robot works flawlessly and is awesome, however I bought the Arduino to learn to program. I wish to be able to upload a different sketch to the arduino and be able to restore the robotics server program. Is this possible. Thanks

Robin2

You can't download a program from an Arduino to a PC because the source code only exists on the PC. What goes on the Arduino would be unintelligible if you did download it.

I presume you have the source code from which the existing Arduino program was compiled and uploaded. You can use that at any time to re-upload the same code to the Arduino.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

PaulS

It is possible to copy the hex file from the Arduino, to re-upload that hex file later. But it is not easy.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

Outcast923

As someone said, you can get the hex code.  But you would need software to decompile the hex code.  I am not aware of any.  Maybe someone with experience with assembler disassembler programming could give some insight but it is tough to do.

TomGeorge

Hi,
I find it puzzling that you are not supplied with a copy of the sketch for the robot, considering they give you the facility to erase and load other sketches.
Does the manual give you a URL to go to to download the robots sketch?

Tom... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Go Up