Go Down

Topic: My Board was done by PCBWay  (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

larryd

The point being: starting a thread is different than making comment in one.

I have no problem with advertising.
I implied it might be better if placed somewhere else, hence, Products and Services.

And, yes I too had good experiences with the manufacturer.

I agree that reviews are a great way to substantiate quality.

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

Wawa

I have no problem with advertising.

I agree that reviews are a great way to substantiate quality.
1) I do.
Just look at other forums.

2) Not if the manufacturer rewards the poster with money or free boards.
Then it becomes biased.
The reader won't know that.

And other board houses owners will post recommendations under false names.
So I think positive advertising does not work.
Only negative advertising does.
Leo..

ElBerto

Hi guys, I apologize to resume this old discussion...

I need to send some boards to PCBWay (it's extremely cheap than usual I've been using), for PCB but also for PCB assemby....

I've read bad reviews online, mainly due to silkscreen and soldermask (soldermask covering pads and orrible silkscreen), but it was said it wasn't "standard" silkscreen/soldermask.

PCB images I've seen at the beginning of this discussion looks good, may I know text size and solder mask paameters used?
Thanks.

westfw

May 21, 2019, 10:12 am Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 10:13 am by westfw
I usually design my boards quite conservatively.  This "Wiring" Re-spin was done at PCBWAY, and the smaller text ("reset enable" and the USB module labels) is 1.016mm high (ratio 16% in EAGLE), and I find it quite legible.  (I think the silkscreen settings are the EAGLE default.   The ATmega128 has 0.8mm pin pitch, and the SMT components are 0805 (us).  I'm pretty pleased with the quality...  I haven't used them for assembly.

(OTOH, note the poor fill of the OSHW logo.  I don't know whether that's their fault, or something to do with the way EAGLE fills polygons)

Go Up