Go Down

Topic: How can I make this one? need help for capstone project. (Read 725 times) previous topic - next topic

summondark

I'm looking for a project that can detect temperature and humidity using arduino. at the same time, it has a greenhouse monitoring sensor. How can I make that one using arduino uno or any less cost sensor? Its for our research capstone project. Any answer and suggestion are much appreciated. thank you.

Robin2

Please explain what "capstone" is.

Maybe a different title would be more descriptive - for example "Help with greenhouse monitoring system"

If you edit your Original Post you can change the title.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

PaulRB

detect temperature and humidity using arduino. at the same time, it has a greenhouse monitoring sensor.
Do you mean monitoring the temp/humidity inside and outside the greenhouse at the same time?

6v6gt

What about starting here ? http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/DHT11Lib
Look in ebay for a least (or low) cost sensor and arduino.

saximus

I built a humidity and temperature controller for my own capstone project. I used this sensor which I found handy because it uses I2C. You can also get it pre-soldered to a breakout board to make connection a little easier.

dave-in-nj

Please explain what "capstone" is.
The Capstone Project is a two-semester process in which students pursue independent research on a question or problem of their choice, engage with the scholarly debates in the relevant disciplines, and - with the guidance of a faculty mentor - produce a substantial paper that reflects a deep understanding of the topic.

http://www.scps.virginia.edu/bachelor-of-interdisciplinary-studies/capstone

Originality: You must reach your own deep understanding of a clearly defined and focused topic. You must formulate your own perspective on an issue and draw your own conclusions. The final project and form of presentation can also draw upon your originality and creativity.

Independence: Although you will have a capstone mentor as a guide and domain expert, you will work primarily on your own.

INTP

Hopefully your project isn't simply to assemble a sensor. What are essentially Lego assemblies are not sufficient for capstone projects. But YMMV. Depends on the prior knowledge of your prof (how easily they'd be impressed with a project due to their relative ignorance), the rigor of your school, etc.

Buy arduino, buy temp/humidity sensor, stick them together, copy/paste code, there's really nothing to help you with until you make it and maybe run into some problem because you want to do something extra. Get to that point first.

Robin2

The Capstone Project is a two-semester process i
Thanks. I had a suspicion it was something to do with the education system.

The mind boggles at the value of the education that gives students the idea that it was useful to include that in the title.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

TomGeorge

Hi,
I'm looking for a project that can detect temperature and humidity using arduino. at the same time, it has a greenhouse monitoring sensor. How can I make that one using arduino uno or any less cost sensor?
Go back and read what you have written, then write what you have and want in point form.
What is "a greenhouse monitoring system"

If you are going to present this as a educational project, please explain clearly you aims and requirements.

Thanks... Tom... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

dave-in-nj

Hi,Go back and read what you have written, then write what you have and want in point form.
What is "a greenhouse monitoring system"

If you are going to present this as a educational project, please explain clearly you aims and requirements.

Thanks... Tom... :)
this is great advise.
my summer vacation capstone project:
* use arduino
* measure inside temperature
* measure outside temperature
* measure humidity inside
* (each thing on one line.

then get your arduino and
#1 do the first thing.
#2 do the second thing
# (do each one,  one at a time)

use that form and write you findings as you go.

on the 3rd day of your journey, you can figure out what else you can add.
think like a plant... what do you want, need and what makes you happy.

Go Up