Go Down

Topic: Is Arduino right for my project? (Read 740 times) previous topic - next topic

zoo0ega

Hi.
I am a software developer, with no experience of hardware development.

I want to build a game that consists of small tank-ish robots that can be maneuvered with an app and shoot at each other with IR or something like that.
All in all, what the robots should be able to do is:
* Drive
* Shoot
* Detect when being shot

Is Arduino a good choise for me?

SMM2

Oct 07, 2016, 10:07 pm Last Edit: Oct 07, 2016, 10:21 pm by SMM2
I'm no expert, but to me that definitely sounds like something Arduino can do.

You could hook up Bluetooth modules so you could control the robot(s) with your phone.

Now to actually hook up some motors to the Arduino, you would have to use a Motor shield or motor driver with it.

And then to shoot,  I would think you could possibly use IR so that the robots have both a transmitter and receiver. So if one robot shoots another, the robot being shot could detect that signal with an IR receiver...

Hope it helps  :)
"Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe."

Isaac96

IR would definitely work. Use IR LED's and Ken Shirrif's IRRemote library (look in the Library Manager in the Arduino IDE)
There are a ton of apps for Android, not so sure about ios.

Do not PM me for help. I will delete immediately.
CONNECT THE GROUNDS!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F

SMM2

There are a ton of apps for Android, not so sure about ios.
Well, I think he's going to be making the app...
I am a software developer
"Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe."

zoo0ega

Thanks a lot for your input. I will buy my first Ardunio and start learning!

Go Up