Go Down

Topic: MKR1000 Access Point issue after disconnecting a client (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Viperus

Problem:

I ran the example in WiFi101->AP_SimpleWebServer on my MKR1000.

This example turns MKR into an access point and a HTTP server. It worked nicely until I disconnected from the AP and tried reconnecting to the AP. After you disconnect from the AP once, HTTP server doesn't work anymore, connection refused. Only fix is to restart MKR1000.

I tried many variations, but in the end, the issue remains, after disconnecting once, HTTP server doesn't work.

I tried using MKR1000 as a HTTP server only, with my phone being the AP and it worked. I can disconnect and reconnect with a third (and 4th) device as many times as I want, with a embedded device, mobile phone, PC and it works.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Upload the example WiFi101->AP_SimpleWebServer to your MKR1000
2) connect to the newly created AP with any device.
3) open 192.168.1.1 in your browser (or do a HTTP GET). You should get some trivial HTML text.
4) disconnect from the WiFI AP
5) reconnect or connect to the AP with a different device
6) open 192.168.1.1 -> doesn't work.

Also, you can only connect 1 device at a time to the AP? Is there a way to increase the limit?

If I'm conected with my laptop, I have to disconnect to be able to connect with my mobile phone, or it simply won't connect to the AP.

sandeepmistry

Hi @Viperus,

There is an known issue open on Github to track this: https://github.com/arduino-libraries/WiFi101/issues/46

Also, you can only connect 1 device at a time to the AP? Is there a way to increase the limit?
One device is the maximum supposed, this limit is imposed by the firmware Atmel supplies.

Go Up