Go Down

Topic: Connecting multiple devices with different amp requirement with same battery  (Read 434 times) previous topic - next topic

suersaiyangod

Hi, i want to connect multiple devices with different amp requirements to the same battery. Will the devices with lower amp consumption get damaged when the other devices with higher amp consumption draw current?

Device 1: 5v 1A
Device 2: 5v 400ma
Device 3: 5v 30ma

Will device 3 get damaged because Device 1 draws 1A and Device 2 draws 400 ma? Sorry but I'm a newbie. Thanks in advance and thanks for your time :)

PieterP

No, as long as your power supply can source at least 1.5A, it should work. Each device will draw the amount of current it needs, while the voltage remains roughly the same.
Think about the outlets in your house: you connect all your appliances in parallel, and some draw a lot more current than others, but that won't damage them.

Pieter

suersaiyangod

sterretje

Will device 3 get damaged because Device 1 draws 1A and Device 2 draws 400 ma? Sorry but I'm a newbie.
A simple compare is with lights in your house. Will your 15W light bulb blow up because you also have a 60W light bulb somewhere in your house?
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Go Up