Go Down

Topic: about Board and Serial Port setings on Arduino10 (Read 856 times) previous topic - next topic

stockfish

Hi,
I am trying to conect an ArduinoBT to my computer (iBook G4 PPC with MacOSX 10.3.9). the computer doesn't have integrated bluetooth, so I use a bluetooth usb external device.
when i open arduino_10 and i want to select Board and Serial Port i have this options:

for Board:
- Arduino BT
- Arduino NG or older w/ ATmega8
- Arduino NG or older w/ ATmega168
- Arduino Mini
- Arduino Diecimila
- LilyPad Arduino

for Serial Port:
- /dev/tty.modem
- /dev/cu.modem
- /dev/tty.Bluetooth-Modem
- /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem
- /dev/tty.Bluetooth-PDQ-sync
- /dev/cu.Bluetooth-PDQ-sync

what is the option i should select...?
thank you very much
jordi

mellis

Did you pair the BT device (for the Arduino board) with the computer?  It should create a virtual serial port, and I think the name will include ArduinoBT.  I haven't tried on 10.3.9, though, so it may work differently.  

stockfish

Did you pair the BT device (for the Arduino board) with the computer?  It should create a virtual serial port, and I think the name will include ArduinoBT.  I haven't tried on 10.3.9, though, so it may work differently.  

thank's!
we did pair the BT device with the computer, and in my computer (Intel Mac OSX 10.4.8)it creates a virtual serial port called /dev/tty.ARDUINOBT-BluetoothSeri-1 and another one called /dev/cu.ARDUINOBT-BluetoothSeri-1.
but in my friend's computer (PPC MAcOSX 10.3.9) nothing change in the serial port options on Arduino environmentwhen we pair the BT device to the computer...

mellis

If you run:

ls /dev/tty.*

from the Terminal, do you see anything that looks like it might be the Arduino BT?  If not, I would search for: Mac OS X 10.3.9 bluetooth virtual serial port, since the problem seems to be in some sense lower level than the Arduino software.

UncleUnvoid

dont despair.
I am running 10.4.11 on a macbook pro and a mini mac intel
with arduino 009

when i first paired with the book, the ARDUINOBT bluetooth serial didnt come up either, but after a restart and/or a check on browsing the device, it was suddenly there.
on th emini mac it seemed to have come up straight away after paring, but the uploading of scripts is a bit trickier there, yet works essentially, so

have a cup of coffee and the problem might have already dissolved itself like the milk in the mug.
Los garillas a l'arriba siempre cakaras a los de la bajo. (or so)

Go Up