Go Down

Topic: Arduino Web Editor issue // No plugin connection on Sierra + Chrome (Read 678 times) previous topic - next topic

Bilow-xxx

Hello,

I just tried to use the Web Editor and I have the error message "No Plugin Connection. Uploading is disabled until you reconnect."

I am on OSX Sierra and chrome 58. I have installed the ArduinoCreateAgent, but as I am not root, the certificate installation obviously failed. By failure I mean:

"Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly ... SecTrustSettingsSetTrustSettings: The authorization was cancelled by the user."
I have the arduino icon in the taskbar. Actually I had two of it after installing it, I killed on of the two.

They were both black. The remaining one is black. Not grey.

I searched on google for my error message and the few first posts that I read were like "Don't duplicate post ... search before posting ..." This annoys me, sometimes making duplicate posts helps avoiding those problems, at least put links to original post please.

My questions are:
- Is there a troubleshooting page for the web editor ? If not, why does it not exist ?
- Am I supposed to be root to use this ? If yes, why, and why isn't it written before the install ?
- I read about proxy problems. Doesn't the web editor directly talks too the plugin which in turn talks to the arduino by usb ? What's the link with the network ?
- Did I miss something ? What should I do to make it work ?

Thanks a lot

ballscrewbob

Jun 30, 2017, 06:04 am Last Edit: Jun 30, 2017, 06:06 am by ballscrewbob
This part of the forum and the help sections you can access from the getting started sections are there in plain view. so YES there is troubleshooting and it DOES exist by sheer virtue of your posting here now.
Did you read any of the sticky threads right at the top of this section ?

Not a mac person but IIRC root was required in some form.
Did you search as is often requested ?
Almost sure this has been covered.

Proxy connects can be problematic in the way they route and or filter traffic so adding extra complexities in being able to talk to the client / server.

Create needs a secure end to end connection (putting it basically) hence the certificate requirement as a "trust" level. Proxies can interfere with that security and the end to end portions.
Not saying it cannot be done as that's not the case but its an area that you need to be aware that some issue may arise and it would be up to YOU to fix that issue to meet the requirements of CREATE.

Yup you missed a few things seemingly but a lot of that is covered in those sticky posts and probably elsewhere in here so have a good read and add any missing info that you realise is missing or helps you.

BTW if you do duplicate your post one of them including any answers may be removed by the moderators or just merged into one mish mash of a post. So please dont do it.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

00alis

Can you elaborate a bit on not being 'not root'? Do you have sudo permissions? Are you a guest user?
Thanks a lot!

Go Up