Go Down

Topic: Solar Eclipse 2017 (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

ballscrewbob

Aug 21, 2017, 06:34 am Last Edit: Aug 21, 2017, 06:35 am by ballscrewbob
Just a thought.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

larryd

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

Qdeathstar

Well, that was pretty cool. We had some clouds early, while the eclipse was starting but about 30 minutes before totality it cleared up and the sight was amazing....

The iPhone doesn't take good photos, but if you want to see what an eclipse looks like in a photo, go online. In person is much better. :D

It stays pretty bright until totality, then it goes dark and you see suns rise and sunset at the same time :)

A creaking creeping shadow
stiff against the freezing fog
glares at a tickless watch.

Time has failed him -- all things shall pass.

larryd

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

TomGeorge

Damn, slept through it, forgot to set the alarm for 3:00am.
I had my viewing glasses and all ready......
Don't think I would have seen much, too dark... :) :) :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Qdeathstar

The d man makes failing a work of art, I'll give him that.
A creaking creeping shadow
stiff against the freezing fog
glares at a tickless watch.

Time has failed him -- all things shall pass.

Coding Badly

Even a partial is pretty special - the ones I remember were just . . weird.
Weird.  A good description.  It dropped about 10° F in about 30 minutes.  We had a nice reddish glow from forest fire smoke to go with our midday darkness.  Before and after we had a moderate gusty wind.  During it was dead still.

ardly

A full eclipse and now flooding it must be Nibiru and the End of Days.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley

AWOL

A full eclipse and now flooding it must be Nibiru and the End of Days.
Nah - there's boils, frogs, locust all to come yet.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

travis_farmer

a note about the flooding... the storm drains aren't the only overflows. what about the raw sewage?
 :o  :o  :o

~Travis
Current Obsession: My server rack cooler, and my CNC Router
Check out my website, i have my own under-used forum on my hobby server.

AWOL

They're trying to clean it up, but they're really only just going through the motions.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.

AWOL

. . . and if you're a first-born, I'd be checking my insurance policies, if I were you.

Coding Badly

what about the raw sewage?
It is a problem.  In large Texas cities, like Houston, moving sewage through the city involves "lift stations".  Lift stations use large electric pumps.  Large electric pumps require electricity.  When the electricity fails and it will be days / weeks until service is restored ... The rest is left to your imagination.

Potable water is also a problem.  In order to remain sanitary the water has to remain pressurized.  The pressure is maintained by large electric pumps (supplemented with water towers).

AWOL

And another thing - why is it always referred to as "raw sewage"?
There's a cooked variant?

ardly

Nah - there's boils, frogs, locust all to come yet.
Well maybe snakes and alligators.

At least people are being sensible and not falling for that silly Chinese Global Warming conspiracy.

Do you think when The Donald is in Houston he will notice the National Guard cannot use the sewage flooded freeways and will consider it might be a good idea, and cheaper in the long run, not to build critical infrastructure where it can flood?
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley

Go Up