Go Down

Topic: Arduino on Xcode Project — Official Thread (Read 394345 times) previous topic - next topic

avenue33

Please find a new major release of embedXcode.

• embedXcode  • 25 Sep 2018 release 10.0.6 • Added IDE path to board configuration files
  • embedXcode+ • 25 Sep 2018 release 10.0.6 • Added IDE path to board configuration files
embedXcode now supports Xcode 10 on macOS 10.14 Mojave.

Download

avenue33

Release 10.2.3 updates support for Xcode 10.1 and macOS 10.14.1.

Download

xWingman

How do I get the serial terminal to output a CR LF on return when entering from the keyboard.

avenue33

You have different options:
  • set parameters for the `screen`utility,
  • use another serial console utility

Please refer to Manage the serial console after upload for more information.

homechicken

I just downloaded embedxcode, and I am having trouble getting it to work. I have the Arduino 1.8.9 release with all the board files updated to the latest available version. I start a new embedxcode project in Xcode, don't even add any code, and I can compile it, but if I try to upload it I get "avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "/dev/tty.usbmodem14201": No such file or directory".  This is the port that is configured for my Leonardo in the Arduino IDE, and compiling and uploading sketches from there works fine. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

I'm using Mac 10.14.5, Xcode 10.2.1.

avenue33

Aug 15, 2019, 12:59 pm Last Edit: Aug 15, 2019, 01:05 pm by avenue33
Please open a ticket at the Help Desk with What information to provide when asking for help. Thank you!

If the issue is about the Arduino Leonardo board, version 10.9.8 released 08 Jul 2019 improved stability for the Arduino Leonardo board.

sslupsky

Hello,

Are there any plans to incorporate the Arduino CLI into embedXcode so the IDE is not required?

Thank you,

avenue33

Release 11.2.1 of embedXcode adds support for Xcode 11.1 on macOS 10.15 Catalina.

It also brings support for latest Arduino Nano boards.

Download

avenue33

Hello,

Are there any plans to incorporate the Arduino CLI into embedXcode so the IDE is not required?

Thank you,
Actually, embedXcode doesn't require any component of the Arduino IDE except for managing and updating the boards packages. embedXcode relies on its own build manager for speed and customisation.

sslupsky

I've been using Visual Studio Code for a while now with Arduino and have become somewhat familiar with that workflow and quite prefer it to using the Arduino IDE. 

I am not sure if you are familiar with vs code but I thought to ask you if you can comment on how the embedXCode environment compares to vs code?  I am a macOS guy so I think I might like the embedXCode environment better because my general experience is UI issues are thought out much better in macOS.  However, I do not have any actual experience using Xcode so wondering if there are limitations using Xcode compared to vs code for Arduino.

FWIW, I use the following extensions with vs code:

Arduino