Go Down

Topic: How to install Arduino UNO driver without installing full IDE (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Innervations

I have an Arduino Uno based project to deploy and want to install just the driver for the Arduino with the install package for Windows software I have developed. 

I have searched extensively through this forum and others and the only solution I can find is to manually install the driver through Windows Device Manager which is clunky and difficult for the non-tech people.

Has anyone found a way to install the drivers using an executable driver installer or similar?

justjohn

I have an Arduino Uno based project to deploy and want to install just the driver for the Arduino with the install package for Windows software I have developed. 

I have searched extensively through this forum and others and the only solution I can find is to manually install the driver through Windows Device Manager which is clunky and difficult for the non-tech people.

Has anyone found a way to install the drivers using an executable driver installer or similar?
If you mean "just the driver" in order to connect to the serial, you should be able to follow the tutorial from Sparkfun starting  here since it uses the same driver,  as far as I know, and also implied by Sparkfun. Just skip anything that mentions the arduino IDE, since it won't apply to what you want to do.

Good luck.  :)

Go Up