Go Down

Topic: Two random and totally unrelated questions (Read 4590 times) previous topic - next topic

SirPoonga

The Iphone dev fee is a yearly fee.  There are three levels.  INdividual, company, and enterprise.  Individual and company is $99/year.  Enterprise is $299.

ill_switch

I was thinking of getting the mini todo iphone dev work... would it not work?

I'm not Oracle, but IMHO the mini would be fine for you. I have one as my "main" home PC right now (web browsing, arduino, sketchup, things like that), and until recently, had one as my desk machine at work, too - they're perfectly fine unless you need a ton of processing power. And if writing code for an iPhone is the toughest thing you're gonna do, "a ton of processing power" certainly doesn't have to be on your shopping list.

amacmullen14

One of you says it is A one time fee, another says yearly.  Which is it?

jezuz

Apple's website doesn't say anything about a yearly fee... and I only see 2 programs - personal and enterprise.

FlickEr

Apple's website doesn't say annihilation about a annual fee... and I alone see 2 programs - claimed and enterprise.

SirPoonga

Sep 10, 2009, 08:39 am Last Edit: Sep 10, 2009, 08:42 am by SirPoonga Reason: 1
My information comes from the apple website.  It comes from the page where you select which program to enroll in.

You can find some information here.
http://developer.apple.com/support/iphone/enrollment/

amacmullen14

Sep 10, 2009, 12:56 pm Last Edit: Sep 10, 2009, 01:03 pm by amacmullen14 Reason: 1
Apple's website doesn't say annihilation about a annual fee... and I alone see 2 programs - claimed and enterprise.

Annihilation?  What?!?!?

And I suppose that by renewing your subscription you have to pay 99 bucks again.  That stinks.

trialex

Pretty sure that's spam.

Oracle

Is there any reason someone couldn't pay the $99 fee for an account and then allow "friends" or "people they know from a forum on the internet" to post programs with their account?

jezuz

zooto68

Sep 12, 2009, 12:17 am Last Edit: Sep 12, 2009, 12:17 am by zooto68 Reason: 1
I don't understand how anyone could want to buy a real Arduino over a clone. You get the exact same product but without the word 'Arduino' on it. That is the only difference.

I'd go for a clone any day.

As far as I am concerned an Arduino is not the board alone, it is the board, the Bootloader, the Abstractions and the IDE

Go Up