Go Down

Topic: Need help with recording audio (Read 534 times) previous topic - next topic

adhdluke

Apr 14, 2018, 06:36 am Last Edit: Apr 17, 2018, 06:01 pm by adhdluke
My friend needs to be able to record preferably 5 separate audio sources to separate audio files on an sd card, using the sparkfun sound detector (EN-12642). We know absolutely nothing about Arduino and have under a month to get this working. He's in rockets through his 4H group and they need to record 5 (or 3, if 5 isn't possible) for the duration of the flight. someone help please!

MarkT

sample rate?
bit depth?
sounds challenging without a native SDcard interface.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

DVDdoug

Apr 17, 2018, 08:02 pm Last Edit: Apr 17, 2018, 08:08 pm by DVDdoug
The Arduino isn't really optimized for audio recording (or playback).    I know people have tried  to make a recorder, but it's really not a job for a beginner.

...I'd look for a stand-alone sound recorder chip/module that doesn't need a microcontroller or software. 

5 separate audio sources to separate audio files on an sd card, using the sparkfun sound detector (EN-12642).
From 5 sound sensors???   I can't imagine why you'd need 5 channels from a model rocket or that you could even get a useful 5-channel recording, especially with no fixed/controlled orientation and omnidirectional microphones.

Go Up