Go Down

Topic: Wemos A0 does not read voltage (Read 5974 times) previous topic - next topic

srozemuller

Sorry for the typo. 1023 it is.

Ive uploaded 2 pics, before and after. Hope this will make it clear.

wvmarle

Neither is a complete circuit.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

srozemuller

i think that is the problem. Could you explain how the wiring should be.

wvmarle

I miss the complete power supply to the WeMOS.
I miss a connection on the other side of that AAA battery (which itself does not match what you claim to have).

Why don't you draw a complete diagram (an actual schematic drawing, which includes actual values, not such a Fritzy thing as they're usually not readable nor a representation of reality) of your complete circuit.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

PaulRB

May 23, 2018, 05:57 pm Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 06:01 pm by PaulRB

And the Wemos is powered by USB in this circuit? If so, then you do not have a common ground between the USB power and the battery power.

srozemuller

I will draw the complete diagram tonight. this was a quick draw at my work.

srozemuller

May 23, 2018, 09:40 pm Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 09:42 pm by srozemuller
i've attached the whole project. this is the situation where the A0 is not reading any data from the battery.

PaulRB

You may have the connections wrong on that tp4056 module. The inner pair (B+, B-) normally go to the battery and the outer pair to the circuit.

wvmarle

That BME sensor should be powered from the 3.3V output of the WeMOS, not the higher battery voltage. It's rated up to 3.6V iirc so you may damage it by connecting it to the ~4V of the battery.

The diode in the solar panel circuit appears to be the wrong way around (no +/- indications there, typical Fritzing issue - going by the colours of the lines).

No other obvious issues.

srozemuller

May 24, 2018, 06:32 am Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 06:35 am by srozemuller
Ok, this is the live situation. For know just the question stay, why is the A0 not reading the raw data.

Do i have to connect the resistor to the 5v pin? That is one of the thing i read in an another topic on this forum what i mentioned earlier.

PaulRB

This still does not make sense to me. You are saying that with the above connections, if you connect the 100K to the Wemos 5V pin, you get a 1023 reading. But if you connect the 100K to the output of the tp4056, you get no reading? But those two places are joined with wire. It should work just the same in either place.

srozemuller

May 25, 2018, 07:32 am Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 07:35 am by srozemuller
Well i did some tries from A0 to:

5v pin
output of tp4056
output of battery

at the 5v pin i've got some 1023 readings for a short time.
For now i dont have readings at all. When the wire is connected or not the output stays 2.

Im lost.

Wawa

A clear picture (real, not Fritzing) was requested in post#2.
Sometimes we can spot something that you didn't think off.
Leo..

PaulRB

Are you using a breadboard? Maybe it's connections are bent or worn. Try another breadboard, or at least a different part of the breadboard. Have you soldered the pins on to the Wemos and the other modules, or just pushed the connections into the holes? That can cause problems.

wvmarle

These symptoms indeed start to sound like poor connections.

Pins must be soldered in or they will not make a reliable connection. Breadboards are indeed another source of potentially poor connections, wires may have internal faults.

Go Up