Dead firmware link on "DFU Programming 8U2" page

Hi,

The AVR core was removed from the main arduino/Arduino GitHub repository, and moved to a separate repository arduino/ArduinoCore-avr.
However, the DFU Programming 8U2 page still points to the arduino/Arduino repo as the place to get the ATmega16U2/8U2 firmwares for the UNO and MEGA boards:

Download updated firmware

The latest version is here

Choose the version that is suitable for your board, either arduino-usbserial/Arduino-usbserial-uno.hex or arduino-usbserial/Arduino-usbserial-mega.hex

The new link should be ArduinoCore-avr/firmwares/atmegaxxu2/arduino-usbserial at master · arduino/ArduinoCore-avr · GitHub

The file names should probably be changed as well, since all modern Arduinos use the ATmega16U2, not the ATmega8U2.

Pieter

PieterP:
The new link should be ArduinoCore-avr/firmwares/atmegaxxu2/arduino-usbserial at master · arduino/ArduinoCore-avr · GitHub

Thanks for reporting this! I have opened an issue report in the bug tracker requesting this to be fixed, along with a bunch of other minor issues on that page:

If anyone has any additional suggestions for improvements to that page let me know and I'll update the issue.

PieterP:
The file names should probably be changed as well, since all modern Arduinos use the ATmega16U2, not the ATmega8U2.

Which filenames?

pert:
Which filenames?

The page mentions "arduino-usbserial/Arduino-usbserial-uno.hex" and "arduino-usbserial/Arduino-usbserial-mega.hex". Are these for the ATmega8U2 specifically? What's the difference between these and "Arduino-usbserial-atmega16u2-Uno-Rev3.hex" and "Arduino-usbserial-atmega16u2-Mega2560-Rev3.hex"?