Go Down

Topic: driving 2 12v 2A DC motors with Mega (Read 2342 times) previous topic - next topic

groundFungus

Yes.  Blue wire and white wire to +5V.   Red wire to one end of 390 Ohm resistor.  Other end of resistor to ground.  The yellow wire to one end of 4.7K resistor.  The junction of the yellow wire and 4.7K resistor to a digital input.  Other end of resistor to ground.  The resistor values are not critical.  One value higher or lower will still work.

TwinkleToes

So if I understand correctly the sensor would be connected in a similar manner to what I have diagramed in the attached image? the wheel will stand in as the sensor. I think that the only modification would be grounding the circuit to the Arduino and powering the + rail with the Arduino.

TwinkleToes

I still need help understanding how to add in the transistor... I currently have the part #LM7805 however, I can not find anything telling me if this is a PNP or an NPN configuration. Is there any way to tell?

groundFungus

LM7805 is a voltage regulator, not a transistor.  An LM7805 cannot be used in place of a transistor.

TwinkleToes

LM7805 is a voltage regulator, not a transistor.  An LM7805 cannot be used in place of a transistor.
What part would you recommend that I use?

nielyay

Hi,
two 12V dc motors (2A) independently of each other. I am looking for the best Shield/drivers to do this.
i suggest you to use adafruit motor shield v2
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-motor-shield-v2-for-arduino/overview
its have 3 L293D IC motor driver, you can controlled 4 DC motor with 12V and 2A of each motor supply.

Go Up