Go Down

Topic: need physically Small power supply from high DC voltage (Read 623 times) previous topic - next topic

Sunkmail

I know I could make my own ... Done it before - a long time ago now, pretty much a past life.

Nowadays it's often cheaper (and easier) to buy a module than individual components.

I have managed to find this:
        High-Voltage EBike DC-DC Converter Buck Step-Down Regulator Module

From past experience, the 80V limit is most likely for an 80V pack, so I'll be able to use it for the 72V packs I've designed for.   From the pictures, the large Caps appear to be rated to 100V.

Since they are pretty cheap with the included shipping (but slow delivery),  I'm going to order one to try out - but I'm still looking for alternate ideas. :)

I'll be ordering a 9V module and add in a 5V linear reg, probably an LM78L05 - partially an attempt to solve an analogRead() issue.

Railroader

Well done! 80 volt is good. What does absolute maximum ratings say? Possible to modify to 85 V?

Buying existing equipment is very actractive and often cost effective. Once I built a step up converter, from 5 or 12 v to 25...…..

Use Your knowledge. If that's not enough, look for education.
Having knowledge, think outside the box to gain more of it. Only trains run like the train, on the rails. The rest run between the rails.

Sunkmail

Well done! 80 volt is good. What does absolute maximum ratings say? Possible to modify to 85 V?

Buying existing equipment is very actractive and often cost effective. Once I built a step up converter, from 5 or 12 v to 25...…..

Found the datasheet for the reg, based on the pictures ... an XL7035 by XLSEMI

Vmax is 85V.     (80V is recommended as max. for normal operating)

Railroader

Use Your knowledge. If that's not enough, look for education.
Having knowledge, think outside the box to gain more of it. Only trains run like the train, on the rails. The rest run between the rails.

Go Up