Go Down

Topic: OTA_Mode - No Network port is shown ! (Read 3389 times) previous topic - next topic

HamzaHajeir

Hi guys.

I've worked 2 days ago to flash my esp Over The Air.
Uploaded BasicOTA official sketch, All things went fine. Tested file uploading with success.

Today I went to develop the code and merge it in a real project. but after i upload it by serial, Network port won't show anymore (Only Serial) !

So tried back to BasicOTA sketch, with no success.

I've dived into this issue and reached a good point to the final solution.

See @krzychb's response , I tried a similar command below, See results :

OTA uploading is success! but until now there's no Network port is shown at Arduino IDE.

I've restarted Arduino IDE many times with no success.
Platform
Hardware:   [ESP8266 NodeMCU 1.0 v3]
Development Env:   [Arduino IDE 1.8.7]
Operating System:   [Windows 10 x64]
Settings in IDE

Things i tried :
-reset ESP after the serial uploading.
-restart PC
-restart Arduino IDE after the serial upload.
-disabled firewall -Then created rules-.

My esp8266's core is updated to last version (2.4.2)

Thanks in advance
Hamza Hajeir

HamzaHajeir

IDK but i guess that i performed an action while trying to solve this issue :
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=574803.0

that could been caused the problem.

which is :
-delete Arduino15 directory -by cutting- (~/Users/Username/AppData/Local/Arduino15) to another directory.
then started arduino ide without success (of that problem). So i return all the folder back by replacing.

The only file was contained before restoration is preferences.txt .

dreed75

I'm not much help but I'm having the same problem. I had one computer running ver 1.8.2 and one running 1.8.7. The one running 1.8.2 could see my device in the network and could flash it. In the computer running 1.8.7, it does not show up. Could it be that the ArduinoOTA library is broke with the new version of Arduino?

rtek1000

Nov 04, 2018, 09:00 pm Last Edit: Nov 04, 2018, 09:01 pm by rtek1000
Hello,

Everything seems normal (IDE 1.8.7), as it always has been,

I was also very bothered with the operating mode of the system used to find the OTA port, but it is normal.

In the end you get used to it, the first step is to wait for ESP to be available on the network, you can try to ping your IP address, if you know, if it is a fixed IP, it may be easier.

Only after ESP is online, open the IDE.

Please avoid private messages, your question may be someone's answer in the future!

dreed75

My esp has been online for hours but still not showing up. Like I said, one computer with v 1.8.2 shows it just fine but 1.8.7 doesn't. It's good to see that it does work in v 1.8.7 but I'm still confused why mine and the OPs doesn't show up.

rtek1000

My esp has been online for hours but still not showing up. Like I said, one computer with v 1.8.2 shows it just fine but 1.8.7 doesn't. It's good to see that it does work in v 1.8.7 but I'm still confused why mine and the OPs doesn't show up.
What version of Python is running on your computer?

ESP8266 OTA Updates with Arduino IDE | Over the Air

[ESP8266] Alternative to serial monitor: Wifi Manager + ArduinoOTA + Telnet
Please avoid private messages, your question may be someone's answer in the future!

dreed75

What version of Python is running on your computer?

ESP8266 OTA Updates with Arduino IDE | Over the Air

[ESP8266] Alternative to serial monitor: Wifi Manager + ArduinoOTA + Telnet
I have 2.7 on both computers. I also shot myself in the foot...I upgraded Arduino IDE on the computer that showed my esp just fine. Now it is as broke as the other computer that is running 1.8.7.

rtek1000

Nov 05, 2018, 12:42 am Last Edit: Nov 05, 2018, 12:45 am by rtek1000
I upgraded Arduino IDE on the computer that showed my esp just fine. Now it is as broke as the other computer that is running 1.8.7.
Well, if you want you could reinstall some old version:

Previous IDE Releases

But I have to tell you that I already had problems with my routers too, one of them was repeater, and this was blocking something, I changed that repeater, and everything became more stable.

How is your internal network configured? Do you have many repeaters?

dreed75

Well, if you want you could reinstall some old version:

Previous IDE Releases

But I have to tell you that I already had problems with my routers too, one of them was repeater, and this was blocking something, I changed that repeater, and everything became more stable.

How is your internal network configured? Do you have many repeaters?
I have just one wireless router and no repeaters. I may just have to downgrade but it doesn't make sense that I'd have to. Also, I think python is only used to actually upload the script and has nothing to do with the GUI in the IDE.

dreed75

Well I rebooted my router just for fun since that's the first I had heard of there possibly being network issues. Both of my ESP12s show up in the IDE now :). Thanks for the tip!

rtek1000

Well I rebooted my router just for fun since that's the first I had heard of there possibly being network issues. Both of my ESP12s show up in the IDE now :). Thanks for the tip!
Very well!

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title ;)

dreed75

Very well!

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title ;)
Well it worked for me but I can't speak for the OP.

rtek1000

elfege

Had the same problem and rebooting the rooter did the trick My router is Asus RT-AC87U. I'd like to know if you also (those of you for whom it worked that way) , by chance, own an Asus router of similar type, so maybe we can open a ticket on Asus's website to let them know of the issue.

Go Up