Go Down

Topic: Arduino uno programming over OTA with ESP8266 (Read 8635 times) previous topic - next topic

Itsch

Yes i did this. but Switch to STA don't work and ota Upload don`t Work. Or how must i do this ?

Juraj

Yes i did this. but Switch to STA don't work and ota Upload don`t Work. Or how must i do this ?
if you try to upload to 192.168.240.1, your computer must be connected to the WiFi network created by the esp8266. so check if it is

Juraj

ok. I will try it. I tested this version of the dfu library only with Uno WiFi and a year ago

Itsch

Thank you, when i Upload the Firmware new i can Pick a Network but then the Connection fails and i cant Pick a Network again

Juraj

Thank you, when i Upload the Firmware new i can Pick a Network but then the Connection fails and i cant Pick a Network again
this is an esp8266 problem. it has RF calibration parameters problem. I don't know how to solve it but what people try and sometimes it helps is:
clear the flash with esptool (yes you must install python to run it)
upload some simple sketch from examples. best is WiFiClient.
to calibrate RF let the esp8266 run some minutes not to close and not to far from WiFi AP

Juraj

Mar 03, 2019, 03:03 pm Last Edit: Mar 03, 2019, 03:37 pm by Juraj
so I tested it. it worked at the first try in STA. and it worked in AP mode too (IP 192.168.240.1).

my Nano has Uno bootloader and I selected Arduino Uno WiFi in Tools menu

the single white wire is io 0 of esp8266 to rst of Nano

Itsch

After long time i try it again i use esptool to erase the flash and ubload ArduinoFirmwareEsp but SPIFFS fails. then i buy a new ESP8266 with a USB-Adapter with the new ESP works the SPIFFS Upload and i have a Wifi but the Web panel dont work

Juraj

After long time i try it again i use esptool to erase the flash and ubload ArduinoFirmwareEsp but SPIFFS fails. then i buy a new ESP8266 with a USB-Adapter with the new ESP works the SPIFFS Upload and i have a Wifi but the Web panel dont work
how it doesn't work?

Itsch

I don't know, the esp have the right Ip address but the web panel is not reachable. from what can this be ?

Juraj

I don't know, the esp have the right Ip address but the web panel is not reachable. from what can this be ?
did you have the same flash and SPIFFS setting in Tools menu while uploading the ArduinoFirmwareEsp sketch and while uploading SPIFFS?

Juraj

what sketch do you have in Atmega? doesn't is start a web server on port 80?

Itsch

now i only Connect the esp8266, i musst connect the esp8266 as a shilde to the Arduino for use the web panal ? wehere can i pick the port ?

Juraj

now i only Connect the esp8266, i musst connect the esp8266 as a shilde to the Arduino for use the web panal ? wehere can i pick the port ?
I thought you did set an IP address with WiFiLink library from ATmega sketch.

do you try to access the esp8266 over SoftAP IP address (http://192.168.240.1/)?
did you connect to the esp8266 Soft AP network?

https://github.com/jandrassy/arduino-firmware-wifilink#web-panel

Go Up