Go Down

Topic: Long Range (~200ft) Aerial Tracking System (Read 504 times) previous topic - next topic

Jgunde

I've been looking for ways to focus a super bright IR led in order to allow sensors like the TSOP4838 to pick it up from 100+ feet away. I used a Light Strike laser tag gun and the TSOP can sense the gun firing from at least 100ft in daylight (my backyard is only so long).

Robin2

I used a Light Strike laser tag gun and the TSOP can sense the gun firing from at least 100ft in daylight (my backyard is only so long).
That seems to me to be the wrong way round - it implies that the target plane would be aiming the light at the chase plane. And that would not help the chase plane to follow the target plane.

If the chase plane is to detect the target plane then the transmission from the  target plane must be as omni-directional as possible - I guess at a minimum it would have to cover 120° in all axes - think of a cone with an included angle of 120°. And 180° would be even better as far as finding the target is concerned.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up