Go Down

Topic: Ask Massimo Anything...well almost anything! (Read 2978 times) previous topic - next topic

mbanzi

We have our ecosystem we develop that. Adafruit develop theirs.
They are software compatible so you can pick and chose as you like :)

ciao!

Hi Massimo,

regarding

> questioning the norm

Is there any chance of a Feather-compatible Arduino board?

Kind regards from Z├╝rich,

Thomas

mbanzi

You can build commercial products with open source HW and SW. the code for your product is yours. if you make improvments or changes to the arduino SW (libraries etc) you have to share only those.
If you design your hardware starting from the files of an Arduino board , you will have to share the changes, if you design it from scratch you are ok.

m

Hi Massimo,

I'm looking to transform my Arduino project into a commercial product - If I use an open-source HW and SW should I release also my project in open-source?

Efren26

Why does Arduino still produce boards in Italy and not in China? Everyone produces in China, also Apple, therefore I don't think that it's a matter of quality. Moreover, is it possible to know more about the Arduino manufacturing process?
 Thanks a lot!

rubzir

Hi,
Do you plan to release boards with remote download using BT(/WIFI)  ?
When building robots for example you would like to change the software from the distance ...

Rub

pert

Is there any plan of supporting a dark theme in the Arduino IDE?
Although there is not an official dark theme currently, the Arduino IDE does already allow you to install custom themes (or even make your own). There is a popular dark theme here:
https://github.com/jeffThompson/DarkArduinoTheme
I also have a collection of themes (which include some dark ones) for Arduino here:
https://github.com/per1234/ino-themes

The installation instructions in both the above repositories have not yet been updated to reflect some really nice features that were recently added in the Arduino IDE to make themes easier to install and allow you to switch between themes via the Arduino IDE's File > Preferences menu:

If you need assistance installing a custom theme via the new installation method, I'm happy to provide instructions.

rafihath

I am using 4 channel relay to control 2 channel motors for a 4 wheeled car...normally the relay works fine but after sometime 1 relay drops and it stays on i tried to drive the motor with other power source such as buck module which can give upto 2 amp but i am facing same problem again when the problem aroses if i increase the voltage of buck the problem solves again after using the relay for a while i face smae problem

srinu7221

Hai every one
 is it possible to add <servo.h> and <liquidcrystal.h> library files

<servo.h> program should execute first and after some time delay <LiquidCrystal.h> program should execute.

is it possible ????
here are the codes:

(<servo.h>) code:

#include <Servo.h> 
#define trigPin 9 
#define echoPin 10 
Servo servo; 
int sound = 250; 
void setup() { 
Serial.begin (9600); 
pinMode(trigPin, OUTPUT); 
pinMode(echoPin, INPUT); 
servo.attach(8)

void loop() { 
long duration, distance;

digitalWrite(trigPin, LOW); 
delayMicroseconds(2); 
digitalWrite(trigPin, HIGH); 
delayMicroseconds(10); 
duration = pulseIn(echoPin, HIGH); 
distance = (duration/2) / 29.1; 
if (distance < 5) { 
Serial.println("the distance is less than 5"); 
servo.write(70); 

else { 
servo.write(0); 

if (distance > 60 || distance <= 0){ 
Serial.println("The distance is more than 60"); 

else { 
Serial.print(distance); 
Serial.println(" cm"); 

delay(500); 
 }   

(<LiquidCrystal.h>) code:

#include <LiquidCrystal.h>

LiquidCrystal lcd(1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7);

const int trigPin = 9;

const int echoPin = 10;

long duration;

int distanceCm, distanceInch;

void setup() {

lcd.begin(16,2);

pinMode(trigPin, OUTPUT);

pinMode(echoPin, INPUT);

}

void loop() {

delayMicroseconds(4);

digitalWrite(trigPin, HIGH);

delayMicroseconds(15);

duration = pulseIn(echoPin, HIGH);

distanceCm = duration*0.034/2;

distanceInch = duration*0.0133/2;

lcd.setCursor(0,0);

lcd.print("Distance: ");

lcd.print(distanceCm);

lcd.print("  cm");

delay(60);

lcd.setCursor(0,1);

lcd.print("Distance: ");

lcd.print(distanceInch);

lcd.print("inch");

delay(60);

}     

pert

I am using 4 channel relay to control 2 channel motors for a 4 wheeled car...
Hai every one
This thread was created to ask questions of Massimo Banzi for the Arduino Day 2019 AMA on 2019-03-16. That is now over. This is not the appropriate place to ask for help with your projects. If you want help, you need to choose the most appropriate section of the forum and then create a new thread.

Go Up