Go Down

Topic: Object counter « counting box » (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Nagaro

The delay i've implemented is actually what you just explained : it waits only after detecting and counting it.

I've tried it now with the 6 IR sensors, it works pretty well. But i've realized that we count the person is throwing the bags slowlier, as he check everytime if it counts correctly or not. So i would like to include a buzzer, to beep for each count (so we don't need to check the numbers).

I read there are active and passive buzzers, but i would like to have the easiest possible, with the easiest code. Is it then the active or the passive ?

wvmarle

A basic buzzer will just produce a beep when powered on. May be able to connect it directly to an output pin, check current draw.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Nagaro

Hi,

I found the solution for the buzzer. And it works just awesome !

In general, the protoype is working quite good. Not 100% accurate as i would expect, but i can still find a way to optimize it.

Now is coming the time to transform this prototype to a « real » system.
But i've never done it.
I can imagine i need to build a PCB where i can put all buttons and electronical parts.

Do you know where i could design it, and who could produce it for ? Would you have any tipp regarding this ?

Thank you for the help :-)

wvmarle

I'm using KiCAD to design, then SeeedStudio to make my PCBs, and assemble them myself.

For a 1-2 off project this is generally not necessary, soldered on a piece of perfboard works just as well.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Nagaro

Hi wvmarle,

Sorry for the late reply, but it doesn't mean this project didn't move forward.
I showed it at work, they loved the concept ! So now i need to create the  prototype with KiCAD and SeedStudio. As i lever used any of them, i need to get use to it to manage both in a proper way. And when i see on SeedStudio all the parameters possible to put (no of layers, surface finish, minimum solder mask dam...etc...), it might take a bit time :-)

In parallel, i bought a vibration sensor SW-420, and tried the concept of launching on a plate which will count the pieces.
It's not really accurate yet, i have some issues with the code, but i'll see the result i'll reach.
And let you know of course :-)

See you soon i guess

Go Up