Go Down

Topic: Telemarketing no more. (Read 988 times) previous topic - next topic

larryd

I'm not very happy, bordering on pissed off.

When we got phone calls to reduce our credit card interest rate to 0%, I tried to get as much information as possible to make an informed decision.

Granted I may have asked too many questions and the calls might have been 20-30 minutes, but we are now black listed.

They don't call anymore :( .

This is overt discrimination.

We still get some calls, maybe once a month, but as soon as I start submitting to their questions they hang up the phone.

Not fair!

Don't get me started on internet pop ups warning of hackers and viruses on our computer. 
The 'Microsoft' offices in India and Pakistan won't help us scan our computers anymore.

And we cannot get our furnace vents cleaned any more either.

I have $8,000 in iTunes gift cards ready to release to our government income tax revenue department, they also do not call anymore. :'(

No technical PMs.
If you are asked a question, please respond with an answer.
If you are asked for more information, please supply it.
If you need clarification, ask for help.

Robin2

Granted I may have asked too many questions and the calls might have been 20-30 minutes, but we are now black listed.
I admire your commitment.

I would just hang up after 10 seconds.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Jordi22

The self - proclaimed Microsoft service guys harrassed me for years.

I tried different strategies to annoy them enough to stop calling me. Nothing worked.

At last, I told them that I had no computer. The guy kept asking " how can that be, you have no computer ... "

I told him that I use a pocket calculator for everything.  

He obviously was aware that I was pulling his leg and became furious. He shouted " Sir, take that calculator and shove it up your a** !" and hung up.  

No more calls from "Microsoft"  since then. So sad !!  

dougp

I'm not very happy, bordering on pissed off.
I sense that you're a bit testy right now but, could you maybe, possibly, see your way to publishing your list of questions?

Asking for a friend.  :)
Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real.  If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. - Niels Bohr

No private consultations undertaken!

Qdeathstar

we get calls from machines now, so you can't even talk back... it's just a recording.
A creaking creeping shadow
stiff against the freezing fog
glares at a tickless watch.

Time has failed him -- all things shall pass.

Qdeathstar

Paul_KD7HB

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzwdJ-wUtOY
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzwdJ-wUtOY
Unbelievably funny! I had to watch several. My calls are usually recordings and I just punch the phone buttons, usually starting with zero. Sometimes I will get a transfer to another number that take up to 5 minutes for a real person to answer. Sometimes I ask if they like robo calls, other times, i don't say anything and eventually they get tired and hang up.

Paul

larryd

No technical PMs.
If you are asked a question, please respond with an answer.
If you are asked for more information, please supply it.
If you need clarification, ask for help.

dougp

Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real.  If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. - Niels Bohr

No private consultations undertaken!

TomGeorge

Mar 24, 2019, 11:32 am Last Edit: Mar 24, 2019, 11:32 am by TomGeorge
On Email I have.
I have a 90,000 pound Range Rover waiting for me in the UK, the result of a lottery.
Also the Chancellor of the Exchequer wants to catch up with me too, some amount I'm owed.

Phone scam, Tax Department, is about to crash though my door, looking for tax fraud and arrest me, BUT if I prepay a fine NOW they will go away.....

Hang on someones knocking rather hard on my fro.......
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Robin2

On Email I have.
I have a 90,000 pound Range Rover waiting for me in the UK, the result of a lottery.
Also the Chancellor of the Exchequer wants to catch up with me too, some amount I'm owed.
It used to be Nigeria,

Brexit is bringing Britain to its knees :)

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Qdeathstar

Mar 24, 2019, 01:42 pm Last Edit: Mar 24, 2019, 01:45 pm by Qdeathstar
Someone just sent me an email claiming they hacked into my emails and stole all my nudie pics and will be sharing them with anyone who will watch unless I send him $1000 via bitcoin..

I'm sorta touched that he thinks my nudes are worth that much...

TomGeorge

Mar 24, 2019, 09:47 pm Last Edit: Mar 24, 2019, 09:48 pm by TomGeorge
Someone just sent me an email claiming they hacked into my emails and stole all my nudie pics and will be sharing them with anyone who will watch unless I send him $1000 via bitcoin..

I'm sorta touched that he thinks my nudes are worth that much...
They only wanted $495 for mine.. :o :o  :( :(

Qdeathstar

Well, there is probably more of me to see.

TomGeorge

Well, there is probably more of me to see.
Mine were only topless...

Go Up