Go Down

Topic: MKR WiFi 1010 Scan Networks: no result (Read 385 times) previous topic - next topic

mooksmd

I have a new MKR WiFi 1010 board. I am able to connect to it and upload programs. I wanted to start off simple so I used the example sketch " Scan Networks" . I copied the code, it compiled and uploaded without a hitch. However , all I get on the serial monitor is " number of available networks = 0" this despite being a few feet away from the WiFi router. It is an open network ( I live in a very remote area with no neighbours)....
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

Juraj

You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

mooksmd

It's a dual router 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz router.
As far as I know it defaults to 2.4 Ghz.
tnx
Mike

sandeepmistry

Are you using the latest v1.2.1 firmware on the NINA module?

mooksmd

I am not sure what version it is, will have to find out how to do that and update if necessary. I checked "board info" but it didn't give me the firmware version number.
Thanks
Mike

sandeepmistry

Follow the instructions here to update: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=579306.0

Note: you can use v1.8.8 or later of the IDE. The nightly build is no longer required.

mooksmd

Found the version checker.... it is 1.0.0
Will now try and update.
Thanks
Mike

mooksmd

I updated the firmware . network scan still didn't work.
Checked firmware version again... now version 1.2.1 installed.
Says "latest version available 1.2.0"
"firmware version on the module does not match version required by the library, you may experience issues or failure" Should I install version 1.2.0?
Thanks
Mike

sandeepmistry

1.2.1 is the correct version.

Would you be able to try using a smartphone in hotspot mode to see if the scan detects it?

mooksmd

I wish I could, unfortunately I live in a fairly remote area with no cell service for 250km so I don't own a cell phone.
I have just been uploading the file (scan networks) and running it, it didn't look to me like there were any user input parameters to change, am I correct in my assumption?
tnx
Mike

mooksmd

The problem was a dud board. I sent the old one back and the seller ( Robotshop) sent me a new one. Worked first try. Glad to solve that one so can get on with experimenting with it.
Mike

pert

I'm glad to hear you have a working board now and can get to the fun stuff. Enjoy!
Per

Go Up