Go Down

Topic: OSEPP Arduino nano compatible Tools -> Port:-> USB Not found  (Read 48 times) previous topic - next topic

ArduinoRoss

Good evening! I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with getting this USB serial port issue figured out. The prompt is giving me this:

Sketch uses 4262 bytes (13%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30720 bytes.
Global variables use 186 bytes (9%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1862 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "/dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem": Resource busy
Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

Instead of the Arduino nano board device showing up in the serial port section under tools in the menu, /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem is selected instead. How would I get the computers USB port to recognize that the Arduino nano (OSEPP) is plugged in? Thanks!

pert

Instead of the Arduino nano board device showing up in the serial port section under tools in the menu, /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem is selected instead.
Is /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem the only option shown under the Port menu? Note that the port of your Nano won't be specifically labeled as "Arduino Nano" or whatever in that menu, but it certainly won't be /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem.

Make sure the USB cable is fully inserted into the Nano and your computer's USB port.

You might have a damaged, defective, or charge-only USB cable. Try a different cable.

To share some information with anyone else looking into this, according to the schematic provided by OSEPP for their Nano compatible board, the USB to TTL serial chip is the FT232RL, rather than the CH340 more commonly used on unofficial Nano derivatives.

Go Up