Go Down

Topic: Lolin nodeMCU-why it needs to hold FLASH and press RST button before upload? (Read 219 times) previous topic - next topic

suresh448online

hi, Im  new to Lolin nodeMCU projects. I recently bought Lolin nodeMCU and I had an upload issue. After a lot of googling I finally uploaded blink to test the nodeMCU. but why it needs to hold FLASH and press RST button every time before upload? I'm testing via USB port.

I checked my BOARD DETAILS, BN and SN are not showing.

BN: Unknown board
SN: Upload any sketch to obtain it

My PC is win10 and installed all the pre-requisites of nodeMCU like ESP8266 board installation in Board Manager.

after Holding FLASH and pressing RST button before upload, program is loading ok but is this board is fake product?? and is this board will work/function in future??

Juraj

You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

suresh448online

noiasca

I don't have a really solution for your problem, as my boards (even some Lolin) don't show that error. Up to know I have this problem only with some ESP32 based boards. Nevertheless an advice: implement the OTA Upload into your sketches - it's faster than the serial upload anyway ;-)
DE: Wie man Fragen postet:
1. was hat man (Sketch und Hardware)
2. was SOLL es machen
3. was macht es: IST (Fehlverhalten, Fehlermeldungen, Serial.Output ...)
4. Eine Frage stellen bzw. erklären was man erwartet

Juraj

I don't have a really solution for your problem, as my boards (even some Lolin) don't show that error. Up to know I have this problem only with some ESP32 based boards. Nevertheless an advice: implement the OTA Upload into your sketches - it's faster than the serial upload anyway ;-)
off topic, but did you compare the OTA upload speed with fastest upload baud rate available in menu?
You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

suresh448online

when Arduino code uploaded to Lolin NodeMCU, It is running and executing Ok. I tested Simple LED Control With BLYNK App.
But my main issue is, each and every time of upload It needs to hold FLASH button and press RST button on NodeMCU board.
how to fix this every time FLASHING and RESETTING before upload of Aruino code??

MosheB

I know about a solution to such a situation for ESP32, from this site.

https://randomnerdtutorials.com/solved-failed-to-connect-to-esp32-timed-out-waiting-for-packet-header/

I do not know if this is also suitable for ESP8266, but I think you can try.

suresh448online

Can anyone please help me to fix the above issue or shall I replace my Lolin NodeMCU??

Go Up