Go Down

Topic: stepper motor automatically changes the direction of rotation (Read 164 times) previous topic - next topic

achakar

I try to drive my nema17 with a Tb6560 and arduino UNO card.
 the motor start perfectly the problem begins when I try to block the motor with my hand the motor changes automatically and quickly the direction of rotation.

what can be the cause please?

#include "AccelStepper.h"

float rpm = 2000;
int microStep = 1;
int stepsPerRev = 200;
int enablePin = 2;
float maxSpeed = (rpm / 60) * microStep * 200;
long timeSinceLastReadout = 0L;

AccelStepper stepper(AccelStepper::DRIVER, 10, 9); //driver mode,step pin,dir pin

void setup()
{
  pinMode(enablePin, OUTPUT);           // set pin to input
  digitalWrite(enablePin, HIGH);       // turn on pullup resistors
  stepper.setMaxSpeed(1000);//maxSpeed);
  stepper.setAcceleration(500);
  stepper.moveTo(1024000); // don't need to target any further than this
}

void loop()
{
  int speed = stepper.speed();
  if ((int)stepper.speed() < (int)maxSpeed)
  {
    digitalWrite(enablePin, LOW);
    stepper.run();
  }
  else {
    digitalWrite(enablePin, LOW);
    stepper.runSpeed();
  }
}

Robin2

It may help to change this
Code: [Select]
stepper.moveTo(1024000); // don't need to target any further than this
to
Code: [Select]
stepper.moveTo(1024000UL); // don't need to target any further than this

Remember that the code will continue to step even if you hold the motor stationary. The speed is determined by the rate at which steps are produced, not by the actual speed of the motor.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

achakar

unfortunately it did not work I still have the same problem, as soon as I put my hand on the rod to test the torque the stepper changes the direction of rotation without any resistance

Robin2

unfortunately it did not work I still have the same problem, as soon as I put my hand on the rod to test the torque the stepper changes the direction of rotation without any resistance
Do you mean that the system is affected just by gently touching a finger to the motor shaft?

If so that suggests a bad electrical connection somewhere - perhaps a missing GND connection.

Make a simple pencil drawing showing how everything is connected and post a photo of the drawing. See this  Simple Image Guide

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

MarkT

The current limit is set correctly on the driver?  What motor are we talking about?
The power supply is a sensible voltage?
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Go Up