Go Down

Topic: Measuring High AC Voltage using ACS712 (Read 7240 times) previous topic - next topic

ibrahimbaalbaki

I want to measure 220v ac using arduino

MarkT

Apr 14, 2019, 04:36 pm Last Edit: Apr 14, 2019, 04:37 pm by MarkT
I am using very small inverter 100w to get 220 v AC then using trible output transformer to get about 660 v

all this to make small measurements for very small currents but requiring high voltage to get current measured
The ACS712 will not measure small currents.  Its good for several amps where accuracy and noise is non-
critical.  Its not accurate enough for any measurement application, its for motor controllers and over-current
sensing.

Sounds like xyproblem again.  Please explain in detail what you are trying to do...

Accurate measuring of small currents would normally be done low-side with a shunt resistor and opamp,
and there are specialized chips to make this easier.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Paul_KD7HB

I am using very small inverter 100w to get 220 v AC then using trible output transformer to get about 660 v

all this to make small measurements for very small currents but requiring high voltage to get current measured
A very small inverter produces square waves, not sine waves, so any RMS voltage you read with a DVM will be wrong.

Paul

Go Up