Go Down

Topic: How to use Arduino Mega + Ethernet Shield to upload data? (Read 123 times) previous topic - next topic

SoraJayson

Hello all, i have a question. I recently just received an Ethernet Shield from my lecturer, he wanted me to use it with an Arduino Mega to upload data to a cloud server (Microsoft Azure). It was my first time using it,  I did some research about it but none of them helped, so I want to request helps from anyone in this forum. Please help me, thanks in advance.

Juraj

you didn't answer comments on your Arduino SE question
https://arduino.stackexchange.com/questions/63305/arduino-with-ethernet-shield-with-pc-to-upload-data-to-microsoft-azure#comment136238_63305

what Azure service? does it support non encrypted access
You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

SoraJayson

Sorry, I didn't open that page these days.

So from what I learnt from the internet, Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing service created by Microsoft for building, testing, deploying, and managing applications and services through Microsoft-managed data center. My project is that, I want to use it as a database for the data I obtained from my hardware sensors. I finding how to upload the data from Arduino to the cloud server.

What I read is that Azure don't support non-encrypted access.

Juraj

Sorry, I didn't open that page these days.

So from what I learnt from the internet, Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing service created by Microsoft for building, testing, deploying, and managing applications and services through Microsoft-managed data center. My project is that, I want to use it as a database for the data I obtained from my hardware sensors. I finding how to upload the data from Arduino to the cloud server.

What I read is that Azure don't support non-encrypted access.
The Ethernet shield doesn't support secure connection. And the Ethernet library doesn't add the support. Supposedly the ATmega MCUs don't have the computing power for the security hashes. I think, Mega could do it, but I don't know if someone attempted it.
You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

SoraJayson

Hmm i see, nevermind...I try find another method. Thank you very much Juraj

Go Up