Go Down

Topic: Arduino powers off when connected to computer usb port (Read 168 times) previous topic - next topic

Bathrobianwizard

I tried making a lcd build but when I connected it to my computers usb, the on light turned on then faded out. I disconnected everything and powered only the arduino with usb, and only then did the on light stay on.

Paul_KD7HB

I tried making a lcd build but when I connected it to my computers usb, the on light turned on then faded out. I disconnected everything and powered only the arduino with usb, and only then did the on light stay on.
And what did you learn from that exercise?

Paul

Bathrobianwizard

Well Im trying to ask if there is any solutions, if there is a certain place in the forums for this kinda of question please tell me.

DrAzzy

LCD is drawing too much current to supply from the USB port. Some of the larger LCDs do.

Either that or you connected it wrong, and it's drawing a ton of current (and is probably damaged from the experience).
ATtiny core for 841+1634+828 and x313/x4/x5/x61/x7/x8 series Board Manager:
http://drazzy.com/package_drazzy.com_index.json
ATtiny breakouts (some assembled), mosfets and awesome prototyping board in my store http://tindie.com/stores/DrAzzy

Paul__B

Well Im trying to ask if there is any solutions, if there is a certain place in the forums for this kinda of question please tell me.
Yes, it is here.

But you need to start providing information in order for us to assess what the problem is.

So far, you have provided virtually no information.

Bathrobianwizard

Lcd used: Hitachi 16x2 HD44780U
Arduino used: Elegoo Uno r3
220 ohm resister and 1k potentiometer
is this enough information?

jremington

Apr 19, 2019, 02:12 am Last Edit: Apr 19, 2019, 02:13 am by jremington
is this enough information?
Nope. Complete wiring diagram required for wiring/power problems. Probably also a clear photo of the setup.

Please read and follow the directions in the "How to use this forum" post.

Paul__B

There is a strong temptation to believe that it is simple to connect things - such as the Arduino - together; so simple that you could not possibly have done it wrong, so what is the point in explaining and demonstrating what you actually did?  :smiley-eek:

Yet another demonstration of the Dunning-Kruger effect I suppose.  :smiley-lol:

Of course, if it were that simple, these forums would have relatively few entries.   :smiley-roll:

Go Up