Go Down

Topic: Tracking position of 2 objects, check if two objects located in the same plane.  (Read 89 times) previous topic - next topic

ViktorLi

I want to make a project where there would be two objects. I want to track them in relation to each other. And I want to know if the objects are in the same 2D plane (Z for instance).

I want to ask which kind of sensros should I use?

I looked up video tracking but it looks too complicated for the task.
I thought about tracking position of objects in magnetic field, but could not find the sensors and overall task seems complicated aswell.

Thank you in advance for your help!

srnet

That would I guess depend on where you want to track these objects, and what the objects are.

Details are important.
$50SAT is now Silent (but probably still running)
http://www.50dollarsat.info/
http://www.loratracker.uk/

ViktorLi

That would I guess depend on where you want to track these objects, and what the objects are.

Details are important.
I am thinking about a training machine for radiology residents for invasive ultrasound guided procedures. The idea is to place a biopsy needle in one plane with ultrasound probe so that when the needle is introduced it is seen on the ultrasound image (it is in plane with ultrasound mage).

The thing I thought about is that we can sync the sensors at the start point placing them next to each other and then calculate the distance between two sensors in three axis x,y,z (in fact z is not important) so at the begginig the difference will be 0 for all axis. Then while moving the needle or the probe if there is no difference on x or y axis distance, I will get a sound or some output, so that I know I am in plane with the probe.

But what sensors it could be?
How precise this method will be?

Thank you!

Paul_KD7HB

I want to make a project where there would be two objects. I want to track them in relation to each other. And I want to know if the objects are in the same 2D plane (Z for instance).

I looked up video tracking but it looks too complicated for the task.
I thought about tracking position of objects in magnetic field, but could not find the sensors and overall task seems complicated aswell.

Thank you in advance for your help!
TWO objects will ALWAYS be in the same plane. You need three or more points to determine if the first two are actually not in the same plane. Simple geometry.
Are you wanting to know if the two objects are parallel to the ground? Or both resting on a table? What is supposed to be the reference to the same plane?

Paul

Go Up