Go Down

Topic: record the path of my vacuum cleaner robot (Read 153 times) previous topic - next topic

schokowus

Hi all,

do there exist some ways to record a path of a robot?

I think GPS is to inaccurate for an apartment. or?
About 50mm to get an approximate overview if my vacuum cleaner is all a bit worn out. (of course the more accurate the better )

Are there other sensors which make it possible to measure a room in any way, to record the path....?

Possibly also every few seconds a signal to a receiver which recognizes where the arduino is at the moment?

i have no idea but if I found a way i will share everything  ;);)

Maybe there are some good ideas that can help to find a final solution?

kind regards,
Linda

AWOL

Tape a Sharpie to the back of the robot?
"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

Juraj

read the data from the robot? what model is it?
You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

schokowus

read the data from the robot? what model is it?
It is the roomba 691:)

schokowus

Tape a Sharpie to the back of the robot?
Good, but not the best solution :D

Juraj

It is the roomba 691:)
is this a way?
https://www.irobotweb.com/~/media/MainSite/PDFs/About/STEM/Create/iRobot_Roomba_600_Open_Interface_Spec.pdf
You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

schokowus

is this a way?
https://www.irobotweb.com/~/media/MainSite/PDFs/About/STEM/Create/iRobot_Roomba_600_Open_Interface_Spec.pdf
I have to read it, maybe it helps ;) thanks

wvmarle

Attach a Pozyx probe on it. That should do the job. Not cheap, though.

Does that robot have any sense of where it is in the first place, rather than randomly driving around hoping to cover the whole room sooner or later?
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Juraj

Attach a Pozyx probe on it. That should do the job. Not cheap, though.

Does that robot have any sense of where it is in the first place, rather than randomly driving around hoping to cover the whole room sooner or later?
roomba 600 series bounces randomly

Go Up