Go Down

Topic: Power line Communication Project Guidance (Read 687 times) previous topic - next topic

ThottiKuttapan

Apr 19, 2019, 09:53 am Last Edit: Apr 19, 2019, 09:57 am by ThottiKuttapan
I am working on a project called Power line communication for smart meter networks.I am developing a power line modem myself but in some troubles.So i thought of using a modem called KQ-130f which is manufactured by some Chinese company.I know it works with arduino,But program is not available in internet directly.I used basic serial communication programming,but didnt work for that module.I contacted some youtubers,but they are asking lot of money,which i dont have since i spent a lot on designing one.
Anyway thats why i came to you.If some of u could help me with the program i will be much grateful.
I am attaching KQ130 datasheet ,and a program to transmit data bw kq330f by arduinojson.h header file.eventhough i have tx file program u dont have its rx file.So check everything and help me .

ThottiKuttapan

LightuC

So nobody like to help!!!Hmmm
Be more specific than just being "in some trouble".

ThottiKuttapan

How can i be more specific,i want to transmit a string from one arduino to another arduino using a kq13f module.
Arduino------>kq130f--------->powerline------>kq130f------->arduino
like this.
And i used general serial programing code,it doesnt work,they suggested UART or MOBUS protocols ,but i dont know how to setup a protocol.

LightuC

What is not working? What have you tried? You only posted code for the sender, not for the receiver.

ThottiKuttapan

I tried serial.println() and read functions since Kq130f has rx and tx pins,but it didnt work.Then i googled and stuff and found that people didnt use direct serial communication with the module.Thats when i found the ino file up there to transmit data,but he didnt upload the recieve data file.So i dont know how to communicate with kq130f.

AWOL

"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

LightuC

Did you read the datasheet? What have you sent? It seems like you want us to write the code for you?

ThottiKuttapan

i dont want u to write code for me.I dont understand arduinojson.h programing logic.So if someone could shed some light into what i should do to read data,thats what i am looking for

LightuC

Well here you go then ArduinoJson Documentation. Take a look at the serialization/deserialization sections. However, the json library has nothing to do with you wanting to use the plc module.

ThottiKuttapan

The thing is the data sheet doesnot specify anything about how to make work with arduino.They only documented how to connect with some unknown microcontroller.I have seen this device used with arduino.But as i said code is not available anywhere in the internet.

AWOL

Are you intending taking an active part in this development, or do you want me to move this topic to the gigs and collaborations section?
"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

ThottiKuttapan

i need whatever help i can get. i will share my entire project if someone can help me.This powerline modem part is the only thing that keeping me from finishing my project

LightuC

The thing is the data sheet doesnot specify anything about how to make work with arduino.They only documented how to connect with some unknown microcontroller.I have seen this device used with arduino.But as i said code is not available anywhere in the internet.
Take a closer look at the datasheet. You can use transparent mode or custom operating mode. I'd suggest the custom mode. In your code, build your packet, determine the number of bytes to send and output that to the modules RX pin. After sending the data length you can output your data one byte after the other. The module should send that over the powerline. The datasheet has some example C codes at the very end ...

ThottiKuttapan

I read the c programing,But i dont know how to relate/transform that to arduino readable format.

Go Up