Go Down

Topic: ESP8266 Remote Control for Alexa (Read 205 times) previous topic - next topic

Spectrix

Hi,

I am searching the whole day for a solution to create a Remote Control with an ESP8266 to switch on devices like lights trough Amazon Alexa. I don't want to remote everything with the voice assistant. I found out that the Echo Button is supporting the feature to start routines over alexa after a click, so I thought that there could also be an emulation software for the ESP8266 to emulate an Echo Button to trigger a routine in Alexa.
There are also some Wall Light Switches on the market, that can trigger an alexa action and I found this one https://github.com/witnessmenow/esp8266-alexa-wemo-emulator. But I think that it's only for switching on an ESP8266 Pin output through the voice assistant.
You can find so many tutorials to trigger an ESP with the voice assistant but not the other way arround :/

tasmod

I don't see what you are after?     Alexa is just that, a voice assistant operation.

Your description is confusing......"so I thought that there could also be an emulation software for the ESP8266 to emulate an Echo Button to trigger a routine in Alexa. "

Well, it's not "in" Alexa but via Alexa voice assistant.  The light switch can be switched on/off manually locally too.

If you want to trigger the 'light' with Alexa via pushbutton then that is in the Alexa app on your phone.  Your devices show up there and you can switch on and off via the button.

Juraj

Alexa is a voice assistant of a home automation. so the esp8266 should speak to her :-)

or let the esp8266 be the other assistant and call the same functions Alexa does.

for example if the light is controlled by Wemo, you could call the Wemo API. but that is pretty low level

so your best option is to use IFTTTT
You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

tasmod

From his post  "I don't want to remote everything with the voice assistant. "

I still can't quite work out why he wants to use pushbuttons via Alexa sevice which is meant as voice recognition.

There are other services for that without Alexa

rw950431

DISCLAIMER: I know nothing about Amazon Assistant beyond what I can find on the internet in 2 minutes

The echo button appears to be a bluetooth device that can pair with your existing "Alexa" product.  Rather than a device to be controlled by Alexa it appears to be an alternative input method to the usual voice command.  Quick primer here

The ESP8266 will not emulate an Echo Button since it doesnt have bluetooth onboard.  A board like the ESP32 with bluetooth could in theory do it but no-one seems to have published such a thing.

It would be interesting what use the OP has in mind for such a function if it did exist..

Go Up