Go Down

Topic: newby - robot car with 5 cm max (Read 65 times) previous topic - next topic

agomezrod

is there any hw and arduino board/micro that would allow us to create small robot cars of about 5-8 cm?

Robin2

May 19, 2019, 11:15 pm Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 11:17 pm by Robin2
If you are talking about putting an Arduino inside a model car that is no longer than 8cm then none of the standard Arduino boards would be small enough.

You have not said if you envisage radio control.

I have made this reasonably compact radio control package for 00/HO model trains using an Attiny84, nRF24L01+ wireless transceiver and a Rohm BD6212 motor driver. The nRF24 forms the base of the package and it measures 29mm x 15mm. It is powered by a 1S LiPo

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

wvmarle

The Pro Mini is 18x33 mm, that should fit in such a car.
Even the Nano, 18x43 mm in size, should fit.
Nonetheless it's probably one of those projects where you're going to want a custom PCB for the final one, to really shrink it down and have just what you really need, nothing more and nothing less.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Robin2

May 20, 2019, 08:09 am Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 08:17 am by Robin2
The Pro Mini is 18x33 mm, that should fit in such a car.
Even the Nano, 18x43 mm in size, should fit.
I suspect they would not be sufficient on their own.

And in my case a PCB would have made the thing too thick. I don't have the knowledge to design a complete system on a PCB using surface mount components - and I only need a few of them.

It is possible to buy a complete Deltang system which has a very small PCB - but they are not cheap. Examples of what can be done here

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up