Go Down

Topic: - Windows compatibility issue (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Nachopp

Apr 11, 2012, 04:40 am Last Edit: Apr 11, 2012, 07:25 am by Nachopp Reason: 1
- The problem is:

When I open the application (Arduino 1.0 - Windows) the start image shows up, then the image disappear and nothing happens.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bits), the Arduino already has been recognized (Arduino MEGA 2560), I also tried with the previous versions of the Arduino’s software (17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)…but as I already said, the software doesn’t start.

Really appreciate some help.

Coding Badly

In what directory did you install?

Nachopp

Apr 12, 2012, 08:28 am Last Edit: Apr 12, 2012, 08:31 am by Nachopp Reason: 1
Hello! I have unzipped the files of Arduino software in the predetermined folder first (Downloads), then I tried in a personalized directory, neither worked. (It's that what you mean?)

Coding Badly

Hello!

I have unzipped the files of Arduino software in the predetermined folder first (Downloads)

As in the Desktop \ YourUserName \ Downloads folder?

, then I tried in a personalized directory, neither worked.

The what?

(It's that what you mean?)

Sort of.  The actual directory would be more helpful.  For example, I'm using Windows Vista and I have Arduino 1.0 installed in this directory...

[font=Courier New]C:\Arduino\arduino-1.0\[/font]

Nachopp

- I moved it, and now it works!

Can't believe only for that reason it doesn't worked... open little slow, but I can deal with that.

Thank you!  :)

KirAsh4

I have Arduino-0022, 0023, and 1.0 installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\arduino-0022\, C:\Program Files (x86)\arduino-0023\, and C:\Program Files (x86)\arduino-1.0\ and have no problems.  I have Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit.  Same thing with Processing, which lives in C:\Program Files (x86)\processing-1.5.1\

They all run just fine.

Go Up